Software Implementation Specialist
Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
Software Implementation Specialist
The Client Engagement and Implementation Manager (CEIM)’s primary function is leading all aspects of Project Management at American LegalNet. In addition to leadership responsibilities, activities will include preparation of project documentation, including scope management, business requirements, project plans, tasks, timelines and oral and written client communications. The CEIM ultimately ensures that projects meet internal and external expectations within agreed timeframes and with the highest quality. The person in this role is expected to be hands-on in every aspect of Project Management.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Criteria
The SIS plans, builds, coordinates, supervises, and directs the efforts in four (4) key revenue / support functions within ALN:
· Focuses on, without being limited to, the following activities with regard to ALN’s current products:
Conversions from other products and solutions.
Customization of the product to customer requirements.
Installation and implementation of the product throughout the firm in accordance with the specific requirements of the customer.
Integration with other systems including accounting, conflicts, document management, records, and other custom or enterprise applications used by the customer.
Development of SharePoint integration and custom webparts.
- Forms WorkFlow (FWF)
Conversions from other products and solutions.Installation and implementation of the FWF product in customer locations:
- Pilot implementations
- Practice, department, office, and firm rollouts
Development of custom forms, “smarter” forms tailored to customer requirements and systems.
Development of custom forms workflow solutions.
Integration with other systems including SharePoint, other portal systems, and other enterprise systems
Leads teams to deliver contract services in a timely and cost effective manner.
Handles oversight and coordination of project timelines, tasks, milestones and deliverables for PS projects.
Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented approach and spirit within the group and among the other members of the ALN organization.
Interfaces with various internal teams to meet client and organizational goals.
Responsible for training our clients as needed on our various product
· Works with and through ALN’s staff to achieve organizational and project goals. Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for medium to large size projects of moderate complexity. Tailors project management overhead accordingly for smaller or less complex assignments.
· Prepares statements of work for project engagements and monitors performance to ensure that project commitments meet contractual specifications.
· Determines need for and impact of changes in project scope and makes recommendation based on determinations.
· Gains concurrence, approval, and consensus from customer stakeholders regarding the various project aspects and adjusts accordingly.
· Identifies appropriate resources and staffs projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as the point of contact with customer project management representatives.
· Manages costs, schedules, and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedules and budgets are met. Identifies needs for adjustment/change and revises within established guidelines/policies as appropriate.
· Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies project risks. Develops recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
· Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are need and implements same.
· Manages customer, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics.
· Oversees assigned personnel to projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
Management Reporting and Staff Development
The SIS is tasked with developing and implementing effective practices, procedures, and communications with senior management, colleagues, and subordinates to satisfy the following requirements:
· Works closely with, and reports weekly to management on accomplishments, activities, and progress against goals and objectives.
· Develops effective tracking and reporting to provide early detection of problems and highlight opportunities.
· Engages subordinates in the full extent of client relations and professional services activities providing professional growth opportunities and deepening and broadening their experience and capabilities.
· Engages management appropriately and in a timely manner in problem determination, remediation, and resolution.