Software Development Engineer Testing - Night Shift
Software Development | Hyderabad, Telangana, India | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Engineer - 80% Automation 20% Manual
American LegalNet India Pvt Limited based in Hyderabad has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow platform suite including eDockets (docketing/calendaring solution) and its associated software, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and non-current content.
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
We are looking for a meticulous SDET for our office in Hyderabad, India. The SDET will contribute to and review the creation of designs for production software. The SDET's responsibilities include both software development and testing tasks and focuses on the testability, robustness, and performance of production software. As such, an SDET is a test professional with advanced programming skills who can create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process.
To be successful as an SDET, you should have excellent time management and organizational skills as well as strong communication skills. You should have a passion for designing, development, and testing and the ability to upgrade your technical skills within the constantly changing technology sector.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers' systems.
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Noting all testing actions you have performed in daily and weekly reports.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Managing the final quality on production release.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent designing and programming skills.
- 5+ years QA Testing experience
- 3+ years Automation Experience with Selenium
- 3+ years in a Lead Role (Candidate Lead a project from start to finish)
- 1+ years JIRA experience
- Understanding of API testing and experience with API Test tools REST, SoapUI is a Plus
- Understanding of Load and Performance Testing is a Plus (i.e. jMeter)
- Understanding or Penetration Testing (PEN) is a Plus
- Knowledge of programming languages and process management methodology.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development and experience in programming and testing.
- The ability to recognize risks and errors in an application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to keep current with the constantly changing technology industry.
- A passion for testing, development, and design.
Salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days and health insurance. Company lunch provided daily. Generous recognition for outstanding performance. We also provide a great, and stable professional work environment.