Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
AMERICAN LEGALNET, INC.
SENIOR SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
Employee Title: Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
American LegalNet is seeking exceptional leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate foundation to join this dynamic mezzanine company and help grow it to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry. If a challenge delights you and work stimulates you, read on.
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for all aspects of testing within a growing team of Quality Assurance Engineers to systematically ensure quality standards for products and applications developed internally. The ideal candidate will absolutely have strong hands-on testing experience, both manual and automated, as well as strong familiarity with QA methodologies and tools. The individual must be able to handle a number of simultaneous projects, and must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership with such projects. The successful candidate will have an ability to clearly explain ideas and concepts both orally and in written format and ability to organize information logically and effectively. They will possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast paced environment is a must. Candidates must enjoy project-based work and possess a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will help improve and maintain product and process quality. The successful candidate will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate implementation of products against functional and technical specifications. They will work closely with employees from other departments, including Development, Product Management and Project Management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
- Define, author, manage, perform, and execute manual, automated and regression test plans
- Conducts quality assurance activities on products.
- Writes test plans, test cases and test scripts for tracking defects and fixes.
- Responsible for conducting Functional, Integration, Regression, UAT testing.
- Responsible for the automation of test plans, test cases and test scripts within automated testing tools.
- Tests and certifies software defect fixes and new functionality and reviews test summary reports.
- Maintain test lab environment
- Participate in defect reviews and design meetings
- Work closely with Product and Project Management teams to develop and maintain release plans, provide testing estimates and report testing status
- Proactively identify issues within scope and schedule and determine appropriate solutions – then work with management to implement the solution
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years experience in software quality assurance
- Experience writing Test Plans from a variety of documentation including Requirements and Use-case
- Ability to identify Test Objectives and use them to design and develop manual and automated Test Cases as appropriate to validate positive and negative conditions
- Ability to execute both manual and automated test cases
- Able to work closely with Developers to refine tests and identify, document and assist in resolution of defects before software is released
- Experience in Microsoft Windows environment configuring and maintaining lab machines, installing OS’s and saving and restoring disk images with specific configurations
- Experience with large-scale, complex, data-driven, dynamic applications built using VB, C++, C#, Web/Browser based and database testing
- Prior experience working in a project oriented environment and meeting deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Working knowledge of MS-SQL Database and SQL Queries
- Experience mentoring junior QA analysts
- Legal experience a plus
- Sound knowledge and experience with automated testing and tools. Working knowledge of Testing Anywhere a plus
o Competitive salary and benefits.