Senior / Lead Software Engineer-Enterprise Cloud (Can be Remote)
Software Development | Encino, CA | Full Time
Job Description: Senior / Lead Software Engineer
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow solutions suite of products which includes eDockets, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing life cycle, and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a Senior / Lead Software Engineer. Can be a Remote Position
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Senior / Lead Software Engineer serves as an integral part of our Software Development team at American LegalNet. The lead engineer will be an important member of Microsoft stack based development. The lead engineer will be utilized for DB engineering tasks such as process optimization and development (all SQL Server based).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
* Angular version 2 or higher required
* WebAPI required
* Write windows services, web applications and desktop application in .net
* Write CSS and front end code.
* SQL Server Development (Query Optimizations, Writing Stored Procedures )
* Experience in Data Transformation Services like SSIS
* T-SQL: Analyze data sets and determine how information relates to an information system
* Perform ad-hoc queries using SQL
* Optimize queries for performance
* SSRS: Designing and support existing reports, etc.
* SSIS: Maintain and create new packages for production systems
* Adhere to project timelines and deliverable, effective communication of changes or disruptions to the schedule with a focus on expectation alignment
* Proven Web N-Tier application development experience
* Gathering and documenting business requirements from product manager and clients
* Providing production support of related systems and operations
* Identify business processes and develop solutions to solve problems
* Ability to troubleshoot and debug and fix the program in the legacy technologies (ASP .NET WebForms, VBA, Office Add Ins and Toolbars)
* Prior experience in working on SAAS is preferable
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
* 7+ years of application programming experience using industry standard development tools
* Expert at creating and consuming web services using technologies such as SOAP, REST, WCF, WebAPI, Generic Handlers, etc.
* 4+ years with SQL (T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
* Experience with Web Services/Cloud Technologies such as Azure or AWS
* Agile/Scrum project development
* Strong problem-solving skills required
* Have prior experience in leading development across different time zones
* Have background in engineering and reverse engineering system logic
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS:
* Team Player and Leader -- be able to work well in a team environment and work directly with different teams
* Have strong and confident communication skill set for product requirement understanding, customer support and presentation
* Capable of working in a very fast-paced environment & to embrace change
* Highly self-motivated and Independent
Salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching, and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a great, stable and professional work environment.