Senior Database Engineer
Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
Senior Database Engineer
Director of Software Development
The Senior Database Engineer (SDBE) will be responsible for all aspects of database management and development, including but not limited to managing database systems (backups, redundancy, optimization), development of database artifacts to support software development projects (stored procedures, SSIS, SSRS, database scripts, etc.) and client support tasks (building data migration scripts, helping out in customer support situations as appropriate). The SDBE will support production, QA, and development environments. The SDBE will be considered the “owner” of the databases, and will be expected to champion database needs as they relate to the success of the business.
The SDBE will also be expected to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of all of our products, both in how they are installed, structured, and function. To that end, the SDBE will be expected to be trained on our products and to assist in QA of our products when required.
The SDBE will have an ability to clearly explain ideas and concepts both orally and in written format and ability to organize information logically and effectively. The SDBE will possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The SDBE will also have very good client-facing skills, and be able to be a key factor in solving client issues in a positive way.
- Create databases from the ground up. Determine business requirements, create logical models, build physical models and plan system architecture.
- Design and implement complex data models.
- Build SSIS and SSRS packages.
- Work with customers in data migration projects to build migration scripts and integrate with customer’s existing databases and/or data feeds
- Work with software engineers and database engineers to ensure the overall application design is optimal.
- Review database design and code written by other database and software engineers.
- Design, implement and operate database systems for performance and reliability.
- Design and implement measurement systems to assess service delivery and key performance indicators of critical applications.
- Administer production and development databases, ensuring maximum availability.
- Build database tools and scripts that enable automation of tasks.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Conduct capacity planning for the databases for future growth.
- Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Build redundancy in client-facing production applications
- Provide installation support to our clients for product installations
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Assist in other IT projects and duties as defined by the CTO