Quality Assurance Engineer 5+ years Automation & Manual
Software Development | Hyderabad, Telangana, India | Full Time
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Engineer - 60% Automation 40% Manual
American LegalNet India Pvt Limited based in Hyderabad has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow platform suite including eDockets (docketing/calendaring solution) and its associated software, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and non-current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate foundation to join our dynamic growing company and help take us to the next level-preeminent in the law firm support industry.
Quality Assurance Engineer Job Summary:
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for all aspects of testing within a growing team of Quality Assurance Engineers to systematically ensure quality standards for products and applications developed internally. The ideal candidate will absolutely have strong hands-on testing experience, both automated and manual, as well as strong familiarity with QA methodologies and tools. The individual must be able to handle a number of simultaneous projects and must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership with such projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
- Define, author, manage, perform, and execute manual, automated, and regression test plans
- Maintain test lab environment
- Participate in defect reviews and design meetings
- Work closely with Product and Project Management teams to develop and maintain release plans, provide testing estimates and report testing status
- Proactively identify issues within scope and schedule and determine appropriate solutions – then work with management to implement the solution
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Experience writing Test Plans from a variety of documentation including Requirements and Use-case
- Ability to identify Test Objectives and use them to design and develop manual and automated Test Cases as appropriate to validate positive and negative conditions
- Ability to execute both manual and automated test cases
- Able to work closely with Developers to refine tests and identify, document and assist in resolution of defects before software is released
- Experience in Microsoft Windows environment configuring and maintaining lab machines, installing OS’s and saving and restoring disk images with specific configurations
- Experience with large-scale, complex, data-driven, dynamic applications built using VB, C++, C#, Web/Browser based and database testing.
- Experience writing SQL queries such as Select, Update, Delete, and Joins for database testing.
Preferred Tools Experience:
- Hands-on experience setting up and running test automation frameworks
- Experience with issue/defect tracking tools, and task-driven development
- Experience with Requirements management tools
- Debugged traffic between client and server using Fiddler.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Self Starter
- Hands-on experience setting up and running test automation frameworks, such as Selenium, Selenium Webdriver, Apache JMeter, TestComplete, etc.
- Prior experience working in a project-oriented environment and meeting deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Ability to create test cases and test sets, and execute tests
- A solid working knowledge of database driven, web-based enterprise applications.
- Experience with the following a plus: OOA/D, UML, and .NET.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent problem solving and oral and written communication skills
Salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, and paid sick days. Generous recognition for outstanding performance. We also provide a great, and stable professional work environment.