Quality Assurance Analyst
Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
Quality Assurance Analyst
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for all aspects of testing within a growing team of Quality Assurance Analysts to systematically ensure quality standards for products and applications developed internally. The ideal candidate will absolutely have strong hands-on testing experience, both manual and automated, as well as strong familiarity with QA methodologies and tools. The individual must be able to handle a number of simultaneous projects, and must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership with such projects.
- Define, author, manage, perform, and execute manual, automated and regression test plans
- Maintain test lab environment
- Participate in defect reviews and design meetings
- Work closely with Product and Project Management teams to develop and maintain release plans, provide testing estimates and report testing status
- Proactively identify issues within scope and schedule and determine appropriate solutions – then work with management to implement the solution
- Experience writing Test Plans from a variety of documentation including Requirements and Use-case
- Ability to identify Test Objectives and use them to design and develop manual and automated Test Cases as appropriate to validate positive and negative conditions
- Ability to execute both manual and automated test cases
- Able to work closely with Developers to refine tests and identify, document and assist in resolution of defects before software is released
- Experience in Microsoft Windows environment configuring and maintaining lab machines, installing OS’s and saving and restoring disk images with specific configurations
- Experience with large-scale, complex, data-driven, dynamic applications built using VB, C++, C#, Web/Browser based and database testing.
- HP Quality Center (v9 preferred)
- Ability to create test cases and test sets, and execute tests
- Preferred: ability to create automated QuickTest Pro tests and link them in Quality Center for execution
- HP QuickTest Pro (v10 preferred) – Currently utilized to automate UI functionality
- Ability to use QTP’s scripting language (not record & playback) to write modular, data driven tests using Function Libraries
- Ability to use the tool to identify objects and their properties and work with Developers to help expose objects more completely as necessary
- Experience with issue/defect tracking tools, and task-driven development
- Experience with Requirements management tools
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Prior experience working in a project oriented environment and meeting deadlines under tight time constraints.
- A solid working knowledge of database driven, web-based enterprise applications.
- Experience with the following a plus: OOA/D, UML, and .NET.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Master Degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent problem solving and oral and written communication skills