Project Manager and Implementation Specialist
Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
Job Title: Project Manager and Implementation Specialist
Reports to: Director of Implementation and Client Engagement
The Implementation Specialist and Project Manager (ISPM)s primary function is managing all aspects of System Implementations and Project Management at American LegalNet. In addition to these responsibilities, activities will include preparation of project documentation, including scope management, business requirements, project plans, tasks, timelines and oral and written client communications. The ISPM ultimately ensures that projects meet internal and external expectations within agreed timeframes and with the highest quality. The person in this role is expected to be hands-on in every aspect of Project Management.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Criteria
The ISPM plans, builds, coordinates, manages the efforts in product deployment and implementation (including installation, conversions and upgrades) functions within ALN:
Project Management for Product Deployment
· Focuses on, without being limited to, the following activities with regard to ALN’s current products:
- eDockets Suite
Conversions from other products and solutions.
Customization of the product to customer requirements.
Installation and implementation of the product throughout the firm in accordance with the specific requirements of the customer.
Integration with other systems including accounting, conflicts, document management, records, and other custom or enterprise applications used by the customer.
Development of SharePoint integration and custom webparts.
- Forms WorkFlow (FWF) Toolbar
Conversions from other products and solutions.
Installation and implementation of the FWF product in customer locations:
- Pilot implementations
- Practice, department, office, and firm rollouts
Development of custom forms, “smarter” forms tailored to customer requirements and systems.
Development of custom forms workflow solutions.
Integration with other systems including SharePoint, other portal systems, and other enterprise systems
- Leads teams to deliver contract services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Handles oversight and coordination of project timelines, tasks, milestones and deliverables for PS projects.
- Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented approach and spirit within the group and among the other members of the ALN organization.
- Interfaces with various internal teams to meet client and organizational goals.
- Responsible for training our clients as needed on our various product
- Works with and through ALN’s staff to achieve organizational and project goals. Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for medium to large size projects of moderate complexity. Tailors project management overhead accordingly for smaller or less complex assignments.
- Prepares statements of work for project engagements and monitors performance to ensure that project commitments meet contractual specifications.
- Determines need for and impact of changes in project scope and makes recommendation based on determinations.
- Gains concurrence, approval, and consensus from customer stakeholders regarding the various project aspects and adjusts accordingly.
- Identifies appropriate resources and staffs projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as the point of contact with customer project management representatives.
- Manages costs, schedules, and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedules and budgets are met. Identifies needs for adjustment/change and revises within established guidelines/policies as appropriate.
- Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies project risks. Develops recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Interfaces with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are need and implements same.
- Manages customer, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics.
- Oversees assigned personnel to projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
Management Reporting and Staff Development / Expectations
- The ISPM is tasked with developing and implementing effective practices, procedures, and communications with senior management, colleagues, and subordinates to satisfy the following requirements:
- Works closely with, and reports weekly to management on accomplishments, activities, and progress against goals and objectives.
- Develops effective tracking and reporting to provide early detection of problems and highlight opportunities.
- Engages subordinates in the full extent of client relations and professional services activities providing professional growth opportunities and deepening and broadening their experience and capabilities.
- Engages management appropriately and in a timely manner in problem determination, remediation, and resolution.
- Improve upon utilization, recovery and billable rates
- Identify revenue opportunities for professional services.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years minimum proven experience as a Project Manager involving software implementations and deployment (including product conversions)
- Experience creating a PMO from scratch with verifiable results
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong technical skills, desktop, web and software Implementation, database understanding, and product training
- Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to audience (C-level, IT, users, etc).
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- PMP certification a must
- JD degree a strong plus.
- Strong presentation skills both verbal and technical including experience with presentation tools like PowerPoint and/or desk top publishing software.
- Knowledge of SQL database functions, expert in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 software suites, Windows Operating System Environments (XP, Vista, 7) and with other law firm macro integration packages. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of Document Management Systems (DMS) including Interwoven, IManage, OpenText DM5, DocsOpen and Docketing Systems including eDockets, ProLaw and CompuLaw, which are in use in the law firm environment. Candidates should also have a strong technical understanding of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and 2010.
- Travel – must be willing to travel up to 20-30% of the time throughout the US conducting on site, in-person training/problem-solving/relationship building efforts.
Compensation Package: Salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, Gym Membership, flexible health Insurance, 401K and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a great and stable and professional work environment.