Production Support Lead
Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
This position provides high quality and timely, Tier 1 & 2 support to end client-users in the organization for our multiple Legal Software applications. Strong analytical, problem solving (issue identification and prioritization), and communication skills are essential for this role which also includes troubleshooting issues for complex database applications. This position interacts with business users, client services, business analysts, quality assurance analysts, software development teams, and infrastructure to resolve application and environment problems. This position provides East Coast support and starts at 6:00am PT.
The Production Support Analyst is responsible for coordinating with various IT teams to migrate software to production and testing environments, and performing assigned scheduled tasks. Other key responsibilities include responding to assigned Remedy tickets from customer requests and configuration management.
The Production Support Lead will manage the quality assurance team as well as the production support group. They will report to the CTO and will work under moderate supervision.
Provide multiple simultaneous tier 1 & 2 support across all applications including assisting end-users and making data fixes. Support includes problem identification, definition and implementation of short term work around and coordination of long term software solution with development team Maintain ongoing communication with Service Desk, end-users, business analysts, QA team, development team on IT systems and issues. Ensure that scheduled jobs complete successfully, troubleshoot as needed Perform assigned tasks from the regular production support checklist Provide operational support for vendor applications Review and respond to system alerts in a timely manner Performs configuration management for implementation of new system functionality into production Provide direction and support for the QA environment and the QA team Create and update production documentation Familiarity with SQLserver Ability to write and execute sql queries for SQL Server Monitor internal trouble management system to ensure all assigned production issues are addressed according to the appropriate service level Provide system expertise to training teams in support of new employee training and ongoing system training needs Manage and track escalations, ensuring timely updates to management and development staff. Define and enforce best practices. Provide management-level reporting on project status, risks and mitigation strategies. Participate in the application development review process to ensure Production Support team can support new applications and enhanced functionality General Windows file server experience – helps for migrations and troubleshooting
- This position is more Production/Analyst than Development
- Must possess the ability to manage team members in quality assurance and production support
- 8 years IT development, testing, and/or application support experience
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Ability to work on multiple items at one time and to ensure that overall priorities are being met
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with external clients and internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills - understand business processes and issues from business users
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent degree/work experience
- Ability to develop complex SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server databases