Product Manager - eDockets
Marketing | Encino, CA | Full Time
AMERICAN LEGALNET, INC.
EDOCKETS PRODUCT MANAGER
Employee Title: eDockets Product Manager
Travel: Approximately 20% per year
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The eDockets Product Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer of ALN. This position is responsible for driving the development of eDockets from a business perspective, and works with the development team closely in order for them to execute successfully. The Product Manager owns the development of eDockets and is the go-to person for all questions, concerns and issues with eDockets development. The product manager is responsible for all aspects of the product lifecycle starting with product definition, testing, and delivery progressing through marketing, installation, training, coalescing client feedback, and redefinition.
The eDockets Product Manager partners with other ALN product managers, i.e., Forms WorkFlow and Docket Direct, to produce the most effective integration of the three products with the objective of building a “best-in-class” product suite.
The eDockets Product Manager is responsible for accomplishing ALN’s strategic and budgetary objectives with regard to the eDockets product, achieving adoption targets, and meeting revenue goals.
The eDockets Product Manager is also responsible for overseeing the training and assistance of clients in using court rules to calendar rule-based events; overseeing the creation user documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
The eDockets Product Manager plans, executes, coordinates, supervises, and directs ALN’s efforts in the areas of software product development, court rules set, marketing, training and support. This position provides subject matter expertise and direction for the product guiding its functional evolution and enhancement in accordance with market direction, user needs and requests, and statutory or other requirements. These areas of responsibilities include the following.
Product Definition - Content, Functionality, Capabilities and Direction:
The eDockets Product Manager will use information, research, analysis and feedback from a variety of sources, in order to drive the product’s development, including:
· Executive direction
· Business goals
· Competing products
· Customer user groups and feedback
· Quality assurance
· Usability tests
The eDockets Product Manager works with the Project Manager to plan and prioritize product releases by determining what the development team should implement and when, including: new features, bug fixes, Improvements and changes including but not limited to:
o Establish product delivery requirements and development priorities identifying necessary functionality for marketable releases including: requirements, specifications, wireframes, flowcharts, tasks and reproduction steps.
o Define product performance requirements and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
o Leads definition of functional specifications and development of project plans for eDockets.
o Responsible for working with ALN partners to integrate Court Rules into their environment.
o Lead definition of functional specifications and development of project plans for a Court Rules SaaS Model.
o Lead definition of functional specifications and development of project plans for a Court Rules Cloud-based system.
o Prioritize Court Rules development and maintenance activities.
o Assist in defining product direction and capabilities that enable direct integration activities with other ALN products including eDockets.
o Capture and coalesce client feedback to enhance the eDockets product and thereby accommodate client needs and expectations.
o Assist QA with functionality testing and feedback to ensure product requirements have been implemented appropriately and quality assurance (QA) standards have been realized.
o Define requirements, respond to client requests, prioritizes, tests, approves, and manages product enhancements and bug fixes.
o Must be readily available to the development team whenever a question or concern arises, or help is needed. Involvement is formal, unwavering, timely and persistent.
- Promote and represent eDockets in the legal industry as its client-facing representative. Promote establishment of a client consortium encouraging product acceptance and adoption.
- Design and present eDockets demos to prospects and to assist in closing a sale.
- Deliver customer and market research as required.
- Work with Director of Marketing to define product messaging and positioning.
- Work with Director of Marketing to deliver coordinated campaigns.
- Work with Director of Marketing in support of product launches and market intelligence to client groups.
- Provide input to Director of Marketing for press releases and marketing collateral.
- Brief sales team on eDockets client base and how to leverage eDockets as a foundation for cross-selling.
- Assist in product pricing structure.
- Train sales team and trainers on eDockets demos and integration with other ALN products.
- Answer product questions and provide best practices consulting related to calendaring and docketing.
- Oversee creation of eDockets training materials.
- Participate in needs analysis studies with customers to identify training needs, determine preferred approach, and recommend training best practices tailored to each firm.
- Formulate teaching outlines and agenda. Establish instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, web conferences, face to face meetings, and lunch and learn workshops as appropriate for each situation.
- Maintain training curriculum and implements methods to improve effectiveness.
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as new product functions and features, product use and firm specific customizations.
- Build, train, manage and direct eDockets support team.
- Support existing eDockets client base and “up-sell” these clients to newer product offerings.
- Monitor, promote and expand product use and adoption throughout new and existing client base.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Arts required; Law Degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with large law firms.
- Minimum of 5 years product management experience within the legal vertical.
- Keen business acumen and proven management abilities based on prior experience.
- Forthright and a team player who is dedicated to being a member of a high performance management team.
- An advocate for the rules-based attorneys and eDockets development teams.
- Ability to have effective two-way communication with management and development team and management and rules-based attorneys.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the court rules and eDockets teams via a dynamic, confident and professional demeanor.
o Excellent written communications skills; excellent presentation skills.
o Highly motivated self-starter who needs little or no supervision.
o Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience at a startup company is a plus.
o Competitive salary and benefits.