Litigation Review Attorney
Legal | Encino, CA | Full Time
Are you an experienced litigator with a knack for details?
Do you enjoy research work?
Do you have a passion for technology that empowers legal work? If so, please read on.
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow platform suite including eDockets (docketing/calendaring solution) and its associated software, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and non-current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a Litigation Review Attorney who is tech-savvy and has excellent communication skills, to join this dynamic mezzanine company and help take ALN to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry.
Location: ANYWHERE in UNITED STATES (can be WORK FROM HOME / REMOTELY)
Litigation Review Attorney
The Litigation Review Attorney is responsible for performing the tasks associated with creating, maintaining, and updating the American LegalNet court rules database; performing quality control to ensure the accuracy and completeness of rule sets; training and assisting clients in using court rules to calendar rule-based events; creating user documentation; and keeping an audit trail history of all court rules maintenance activities.
The Litigation Review conducts legal research to determine the proper methods for interpreting, creating, and applying court rules (e.g. FRCP, CCP, local rules, rule updates, etc.) to calendar events and calculate deadlines.
The Litigation Review Attorney conducts customer support functions, including releasing court rules updates and assisting clients in applying updates, providing legal support and authority for any questions on the interpretation of court rules, and helping clients develop best practices for docketing.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Criteria
The Litigation Review Attorney executes, coordinates, and supervises the creation of new court rules including planning and prioritizing the creation of new court rules. The Litigation Review Attorney maintains the current court rules, conducts quality control of the rules and ensures that clients have the current court rules at all times. The Litigation Review Attorney conducts the legal research necessary for creating court rules. The Litigation Review Attorney is also responsible for training clients on best practices for docketing and providing assistance to clients with any questions regarding using court rules.
The specific job functions associated with this position include:
- Checking court websites for updates;
- Working within the LegalKey software to access and modify the implementation of litigation deadlines in our calendaring software, eDockets.
- Updating the court rule sets based on posted updates;
- Creating new court rules based upon priority as determined by Court Rules Manager;
- Maintaining documentation of court rule FAQs;
- Maintaining documentation of court rule common pleading types;
- Maintaining historical documentation of court rule updates and updating ALN blog accordingly.
- Assisting clients with using the court rules and answering clients’ docketing questions;
- Conducting legal research as needed to determine appropriate procedures for court rules; and
- Training additional court rules staff regarding the creation and maintenance of court rules and quality control procedures.
- J.D. degree from ABA-accredited law school, with valid bar license in at least one state;
- Minimum of one year of litigation experience required;
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, strong logic skills, legal research and writing skills, and moderate computer skills;
- Bankruptcy, probate, and/or family law experience a plus!
- Please be comfortable learning new software.
- Note: All applicants will be required to successfully complete a practical attorney exercise in order to be considered for this position.
Competitive salary. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, state bar dues reimbursement, gym membership reimbursement, flexible health insurance, 401K with full 6% matching, and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc., and a stable, professional work environment.