Director of Client Success
Client Services | Encino, CA | Full Time
Director of Client Success – Encino, CA
at American LegalNet, Inc.
Employee Title: Director of Client Success
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
Reports to Chief Client Experience Officer, Marketing
Travel: Approximately 25%
Do you have a wide skill-set, including analytical, technical, and people skills?
Are you looking for a fast-paced environment where you can leverage all those skills to make a difference?
Do you get excited about the idea of being able to help solve problems, build relationships with clients, and help document and drive cross-functional priorities – all in a single day?
Would you like to tap into all these skills at one of the fastest-growing, most innovative software companies in the legal technology space?
If you answered yes to all of the above, YOU ARE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR!!!
American LegalNet (ALN) provides cutting-edge solutions that are used by more than half of the AmLaw 100 firms (and thousands of smaller law firms) every single day. Our core product lines include solutions for risk management, cybersecurity, and litigation workflow automation.
Compensation Package: Very competitive salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a great, stable and professional work environment.
The Director of Client Success (DCS) is a key role here at ALN, where every day is different. This role builds relationships with our clients, helps triage and tackle any escalation, and holistically drives success among our client base by understanding and addressing their needs. This position is best suited for someone who enjoys a fun fast-paced work environment, can adapt to different types of client personalities (including business people, attorneys, and IT managers), and who has a versatile combination of interpersonal, business, and technical skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
The DCS plays a crucial role in six areas that encompass the entire customer lifecycle:
- Customer Onboarding – building relationships with key client stakeholders, collaborating with other ALN team members to help drive successful training, project management/implementation, and product adoption
- Periodic Health Checks/Business Reviews – meeting with client stakeholders periodically to assess the current status of product adoption, value generated, issues, and enhancement requests, continuing to build the relationships and documenting/facilitating any follow up items
- Support Escalations – collaborating with the ALN support team and others as needed to ensure timely and professional response to any critical issues, overdue tickets, or account red flags
- Technical Problem Solving – working with clients to get a deep understanding of their needs and challenges, and coming up with the best and fastest solutions to those challenges, working both independently as well as collaboratively with other ALN departments
- Renewals – auditing licenses and working with clients proactively on upcoming renewals to ensure client retention and satisfaction
- Customer Advocacy – helping create more champions for our products and services in the form of referrals, case studies, speaking engagements, or other collaborative marketing activities
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Wide/versatile skill-set (combination of interpersonal, analytical, and technical skills)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to and speak with different audiences (C-level, IT, users, attorneys, etc)
- Comfortable with and skilled in leading meetings and presentations, both remotely and in person
- Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to learn and master complex software applications
- Comfortable multitasking between various clients and projects throughout the day
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or 5-10 years of cross-functional experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An M.B.A., or a background in software client success, software project management, software training, software product management and/or software sales a strong plus
- Strong technical knowledge including SQL databases, IT infrastructure, and related a strong plus
- Travel – must be willing to travel approximately 20% of the time throughout the US conducting on site, in-person sales and training/relationship building efforts.