Director of Account Management
Sales | Los Angeles or New York City, CA | Full Time
Employee Title: DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Are you proactive, confident, competitive and driven by success?
Are you persistent and determined in conquering and achieving your goals?
Are you nurturing, detail-oriented and collaborative?
Are you opportunistic, enthusiastic and optimistic?
If you are, please read on!!!
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow solutions suite of products which includes eDockets, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle, and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and current content.
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Director of Account Management will be responsible for, among other things, developing and maintaining client relationships with key decision makers, stakeholders and product owners. This role will directly manage the existing contracts, retention/renewals, identifying and closing new revenue opportunities such as upsells, upgrades and cross sales. Responsibilities include all facets of account management, including but not necessarily limited to account business plan, periodic and timely business reviews, maintaining sales tools and customer databases; generating reports, including reports of revenue forecasts and actual sales, along with any budgets and expenses regarding such customers and your sales activities.
Key responsibilities include
- Main ALN commercial point of contact for a specific number of strategically important, selected existing e-customers in the NLJ500 and other lists.
Commercial contact is intended for engagement with clients pertaining to revenue growth opportunities (upsells, cross-sales, price increases and any incremental revenues and renegotiating contracts for multi-year commitments where applicable), price negotiations, retention and overall revenue health of the clients.
Support & servicing activities and engagement involving technical assistance, deployment & implementation, service levels, customer satisfaction and revenue protection still fall under the team under Chief Client Experience Officer.
- Conduct annual business reviews with every client detailing the value they receive from existing subscriptions, and introduce product updates and new products and services
- Lead contract re-negotiations creating strategic renewal options leveraging upsell and cross sell options to replace incumbent providers and help the customer receive maximum value by placing more or all their business with ALN for existing and new product lines
- Identify, contact and develop relationships with key Strategic Decision-Makers (SDM), undertaking Client Discovery meetings and workshops to gain a clear understanding of the Customer’s challenges, risks and strategic imperatives.
- Create comprehensive account plans that provide clear strategy for delivery of core objectives, both strategic and tactical, with clear timelines and actions
- Work closely with the customer experience team to drive adoption and ensure product ‘stickiness’ required to achieve standardized annual price increases
- Build credential customers and testimonials for our existing and new products, solutions and services.
- Represent the voice of the customer to the business, and lead initiatives such as networking events
- Regularly and accurately update the CRM to reflect outreach and activities conducted across the firm
- Deliver the revenue and profit (pricing) targets
- Decisive account leadership, setting clear direction and encouraging a committed cross-functional team to excel are key accountabilities.
- Highly developed commercial skills, negotiation and influencing at the highest level are a prerequisite of the role.
- Bring a dynamic and passionate approach to the role, and lead by example
- Clear strategic thinking combined with a practical approach and close attention to detail.
- Ability to influence at Exec level, and be a natural at developing cross-functional relationships.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Proven, demonstrated success in selling solutions and account management to Law Firms.
- Must have BS/BA in business administration or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of solution sales experience.
- Must have a keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities based on prior experience.
- Extensive knowledge and prior use of consultative sales techniques.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus, determination, and a willful sales attitude.