Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow solutions suite of products which includes eDockets, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle, and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a DevOps Engineer
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for all the production environments of ALN. He is in charge of builds and rollouts of the different versions of our various products as well as the monitoring and the maintaining of the health of our production environment. The DevOps Engineer also takes part in the system architecture and the design of our products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
- Work alongside a talented team of colleagues and quintessentially creative individuals who are building next-generation mobile, web and back-end applications and services
- Develop and design tools to instrument and alert on problems and on-going projects
- Own availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency for the team's services
- Manage relationships with 3rd party infrastructure partners
- Deploy and maintain automated scanning of various IT properties, including validating findings and driving remediation
- 1st point of contact for in-house development team to accommodate requests
- Support of web and mobile applications maintaining uptime while fielding escalations as part of on-call rotation
- Responsible for the architecture, deployment, and support of a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment strategy
- Ability to deftly and clearly communicate with the technology team and to non-technical members of the organization
- Design strategies for security monitoring of new and existing systems. Ability to deftly and clearly communicate with the technology team and to non-technical members of the organization
- Mentor junior colleagues and encourage their growth and knowledge of infrastructure
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience managing Windows servers, Load Balancers, Network tools etc.
- Experience with fluid virtual infrastructures (VMware, AWS, OpenStack, Azure)
- Solid understanding of networking, storage and sysadmin best practices
- Experience in the field of security and firewalls.
- Working experience with SVN/GIT alongside Agile development processes
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests
- Demonstrated experience securing high-traffic properties (cloud and on-prem)
- Creative, strategic and critical thinker with a high attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Track record of delivering hardened, fault-tolerant, high-availability designs
- Cool-headed in a crisis and instill confidence in those around you while solving problems
- 5+ years with SQL (T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- 5+ years experience with Windows server, IIS, Load Balancers.
- Experience with Web Services/Cloud Technologies such as Azure or AWS.
- Agile/Scrum project development.
- Strong problem-solving skills required.
- Have background in engineering and reverse engineering system logic.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Strong Organization skill in Smart Sheet and Microsoft project necessary.
The position requires office attendance. Telecommuting not available.
Salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching, and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a great, stable and professional work environment.