Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time
American LegalNet is seeking a Database Engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate foundation that will join our dynamic company and help make ALN the market leader in the law firm support industry. If this mission stimulates you, read on….....
The Database Engineer (DBE) will be responsible for all aspects of database management and development, including but not limited to managing database systems (backups, redundancy, optimization), development of database artifacts to support software development projects (stored procedures, SSIS, SSRS, database scripts, etc.) and client support tasks (building data migration scripts, helping out in customer support situations as appropriate). The DBE will support production, development environments and QA. The DBE will also be considered the “owner” of the databases and will be expected to champion database needs as they relate to the success of the business.
The DBE will also be expected to develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of all company products, both in design and functionality. To that end, the DBE will be trained on our products and to assist in QA when required.
The DBE will need the ability to clearly explain ideas and concepts both orally and in written format. Organization will be key to understanding information logically and effectively. The DBE candidate will require strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. The DBE will also have very good client-facing skills and be a key factor in solving client issues and enforcing high customer service standards.
The ideal candidate will act as the driving force behind maturing our database architecture and improving our processes around customer upgrades and migrations. You will be responsible for the database architecture for American LegalNet’s full suite of products. We are seeking a seasoned veteran with a strong database architecture and engineering background.
- Help architect, build, maintain, and improve everything data related.
- ETL, data processing, database scaling, method & process improvements/streamlining, and troubleshooting.
- Working on customer upgrades (converting our competitor’s database into our products database) by build migration scripts and integrate with customer’s existing databases and/or data feeds
- Review database design and code written by other database and software developers
- Work closely with our development and QA teams to write SP’s and business logic processes into our product lines.
- Write SSRS reports for internal usage and embedded into our product lines.
- Create and build a DB disaster recovery strategy.
- Architect and build a data warehouse that can be leveraged for data mining and business intelligence
- Determine business requirements, create logical models, build physical models and plan system architecture.
- Build and maintain SSIS package that transforms data from system to system
- Prioritize and execute solutions in a high-pressure environment.
- Build reliable solutions for client-facing production applications
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- 3-7 years of experience in software and/or web related database architecture. Computer Science Degree is a plus.
- Strong, hands-on experience with MS SQL Server.
- Ability to adapt to the changing technologies and recommend new technologies into our product lines and solutions.
- Familiarity with .NET development stack and the Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Having a solid background and fundamentals in software engineering will be crucial for this role.
- Managing database systems in the cloud such as AWS is a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills to manage multiple stakeholders and customers from coast to coast
- Positive energy, enthusiastic team player – you thrive in an environment where success depends on a high degree of cross-functional collaboration!
- Forthright and a team player who is dedicated to being a member of a high performance team.
- Highly motivated self-starter who needs little or no supervision.
- Relentless customer focus
We offer a competitive compensation plan with a generous benefits package that includes vacation time off, Sick days, Flexible Health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a stable and professional work environment.