Information Technology | Encino, CA | Full Time, Part Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow solutions suite of products which includes eDockets, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle, and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a Database Engineer
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Database Engineer (Contractor) is responsible to provide SQL Server based scripts and procedures to provide data conversions and data manipulations based on requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
- Converting Data from various data sources into Sql Server using T-SQL statements
- Maintaining open line communications with Project Manager and clients.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Upgrades hardware and software by assessing transaction processing and database production options.
- Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Accomplishes platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming.
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Data Maintenance
- Database Management
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Presenting Technical Information
- Database Design
- Reporting Skills, Quality Focus, Technical Understanding,
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Requirements Analysis
- Creative, strategic and critical thinker with a high attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- 5+ years with Database Management
- Strong problem-solving skills required.
- Have background in engineering and reverse engineering system logic.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Strong Organization skill in Smart Sheet and Microsoft project necessary.
The position will be priced hourly based on work hours budgeted to each project