Country Manager - ALN India Operations
Operations | Hyderabad, Telangana, India | Full Time
About American LegalNet:
American LegalNet (ALN) provides cutting-edge solutions that are used by more than half of the AmLaw 100 firms (and thousands of smaller law firms) every single day. Our core product lines include solutions for risk management, cybersecurity, and litigation workflow automation.
About this Position:
We are looking for a strong hands-on Country Manager to manage and oversee all aspects of the operations of American LegalNet India Pvt. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of American LegalNet, Inc. (a U.S. corporation). The Country Manager will be the point person and instrumental in the company’s goal to expand the operations and increase its size (double / triple the current state).
Growth and Expansion
- Plan and execute strategies and tasks in expanding the India operations doubling or tripling its size that include more effective recruitment tactics and attracting the right talents (software developers, QA, database engineers, analysts, production support and other back office functions that include but not limited to digital marketing, research, data entry, forms processing and conversions, etc).
- Such initiatives involve effective liaison with corporate headquarters in terms of meeting and timely and aggressive delivery of accomplishment of goals that not only require talent acquisition but planning for facility expansion and infrastructure requirements, scaling operations and ensuring proper compliance with local regulations
Talent Acquisition and Human Resources
- Aggressive and more effective talent acquisition process ensuring filling open requisitions in shortest time possible and proper onboarding/training
- Liaison with parent company on job requisitions and progress in recruitment.
- Improve upon current human resource and company policies and procedures benchmarking best practices and ensuring compliance with local labor / employment laws and regulations
- Compensation analysis and updates and keeping trends
- Employee relations including improving retention, motivation and morale; employee issue management
- Performance reviews, productivity and efficiency metrics
Facility and Infrastructure
- Plan for growth by identifying the best and most cost-effective alternative in leasing / buying office space / building. Directly handle the process of surveying, recommending and procuring the best office space/building option.
- Manage infrastructure requirements for the office/facilities that include office furniture and equipment, computer/laptops and peripherals, internet connection, utilities and supplies, security, and office maintenance.
Vendor and Partner Management
- Selection and management of relationships with vendors (IT, supplies, etc)
- Outside contractors
- External accountants
- Legal Counsels
Local Corporate Financial and Operational Matters
- Ensuring proper compliance with local governmental regulations for the entity American LegalNet India Pvt Ltd including corporate documentations, reporting, board meetings, articles
- Manage the accounting and external audit ensuring proper presentation of financial statements and records, tax returns and other financial regulatory reporting
- Manage relationships with banks and ensuring proper handling of funding requirements
- Manage normal profit margin (cost plus) studies, methodology and compliance
- CONSISTENT FORMULATION AND DELIVERY of KEY OPERATIONAL AND FINANCIAL METRICS
Other Strategic Projects and General Business Management
- Special Strategic Projects to be prescribed by the parent company
- Effective reorganization set up
- Overall operations management
- Design of organization and more effective reporting lines
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years experience as a General Manager or Country Manager of a subsidiary of a U.S. Corporation.
- Experience in software companies required (BPO may be helpful)
- Master’s Degree in Business or Operations Management
- Effective communication (verbal and written) skills. This role will constantly deal with U.S. parent company and English fluency is a MUST.
- Strong management skills (will manage office/HR manager, talent acquisition and other cross-functional / matrix organization)
- Negotiation skills
- Person of high integrity and trustworthy
- Strong MS Office and collaboration tool skills
- Comfortable multitasking among various tasks, priorities, deadlines and projects
- Person of strong confidence and with ability to deal with executives and management of local and parent company
Salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off and paid sick days. Generous recognition for outstanding performance. We also provide a great and stable professional work environment.