Contract Litigation Review Attorney 3+ years experience required
Legal | Encino, CA | Full Time, Contract, Temporary, and Temp to Perm
Are you an experienced litigator who loves the law but hates the conflict?
Would you like to step away from the shrinking world of private legal practice, into the growing field of LegalTech?
Are you interested in leaving the practice of law to focus on an intellectually challenging role in a technology company?
eDockets, by American Legalnet (ALN), is a tool that allows law firms to manage their litigation deadlines in almost every jurisdiction in the country from a single platform. Our product automates the research, calculations, and creation of deadlines in high-volume litigation for large law firms nationwide, and our clients include some of the nation’s most prestigious firms.
American LegalNet is seeking several Litigation Review Attorneys (lawyers) who are tech-savvy, have outstanding communication skills, and who have practiced litigation day-to-day, to join this dynamic mezzanine company and help take ALN to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry.
Litigation Review Attorney
The Litigation Review Attorney (contract-to-hire) will work within LegalKey to maintain existing rulesets and build new litigation rulesets, governing the critical deadlines our clients must meet in the course of their daily practice.
Conducting research into procedural law in jurisdictions nationwide, the Attorney will leverage their practice experience to advise ALN on ideal implementation of date calculations, interactions of laws and their effect on litigation deadlines, and even the wording of deadlines, crafted to convey actionable requirements in a succinct and user-friendly way.
Cooperating with our existing team of in-house attorneys, the Attorney will be responsible for a portion of the approximately 1,800 jurisdictions we monitor on a daily basis for procedural changes in their laws, from the US Supreme Court, to local county rules and Judge’s individual Standing Orders.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Criteria
- Checking court websites for updates;
- Recommending updates to the court rule sets based on posted updates;
- Recommending new court rules based upon priority as determined by Court Rules Manager;
- Maintaining documentation of all rule sets audited, according to a checklist, as well as recommendations over time.
- J.D. degree from ABA-accredited law school, with valid bar license in at least one state;
- Minimum of three years of litigation experience required;
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, strong logic skills, legal research and writing skills, and mid-level computer skills;
- Bankruptcy, probate, and/or family law experience a plus!
- Please be comfortable learning new software.
- Note: All applicants will be required to successfully complete a practical attorney exercise in order to be considered for this position.