Client Success Manager
Client Services | Encino, CA | Full Time
Employee Title: Client Success Manager
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Client Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients - key personnel and product users. Ensures client engagement immediately starts after the sales of our product(s) to insure completion of any on-boarding, on-going training and support of American LegalNet (ALN) products and maintains consistent engagement with the clients throughout subscription period to insure client satisfaction, maximum retention and cross sales, upgrades and upsells.
The CSM is patient and attentive to customer needs assessment and customer feedback on products and services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
Client Relationship and Success Management
- Act as the Primary Contact Person for all existing and newly on-boarded clients.
- Ensure all new clients are properly on-boarded.
- Visit or contact clients regularly and maintain minimum touch points throughout the year.
- Track and report to department heads on SLAs, customer issues and internal support staff deliverables.
- Ensure all existing and new users (various levels in client firms) are adequately trained. Assist in production of training materials and schedules.
- Conduct business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with ALN products and services and confers with firm management to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better utilize available workflow and forms management technologies.
- Participate in needs analysis studies with new and existing client firms to determine training needs and preferred approach or training best practices for each firm.
- Review and analyze usage reports regularly and monitor how clients are using ALN’s products and services and adjust accordingly towards improvement.
- Maintain CRM database with the direction of the VP, Finance & Operations to track client issues activities and future training projects.
- Escalate and resolve areas of concern raised by clients
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively and in a timely manner.
- Design and carry out client satisfaction surveys and user experience questionnaires and analyze results and provide feedback Product development, Customer Support, Marketing and Sales Departments.
Revenue Protection and New Revenues
- Maintain 100% client retention and customer satisfaction (subscription renewals); Increase contract and lifetime value of clients.
- Identify areas for possible cross-sale of ALN’s other products and services.
- Identify areas for upgrade and upsale.
- Expand ALN’s footprint with the client (adding new products and/or services to client; expansion of our products to additional offices/users).
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with clients.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Background with Software Companies; strong technical skills, desktop, web and software implementation experience is a must.
- Sales or Business Development experience is a must.
- Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to audience (C-level, IT, users, etc).
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or two years related sales or account management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working as a client relationship manager or a track record of managing client relationships.
- Training, knowledge and experience in a law firm environment or have held the position in the past is a must have.
- Strong presentation skills both verbal and technical including experience with presentation tools like PowerPoint and/or desk top publishing software.
- Knowledge of SQL database functions, expert in Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 software suites, Office365, Windows Operating System Environments (XP, Vista, 7) and with other law firm macro integration packages. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of Document Management Systems (DMS) including Interwoven, IManage, OpenText DM5, DocsOpen and Docketing Systems including eDockets, ProLaw and CompuLaw, which are in use in the law firm environment.
- Candidates should also have a strong technical understanding of Microsoft SharePoint and Project Management / Collaboration tools.
- Travel – must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the US conducting on site, in-person sales and training/relationship building efforts.
Salary dependent on experience. Will be a mix of an attractive base salary and bonus or commissions. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a great, stable and professional work environment.