Internal Application: Client Relations Manager
Client Services | Encino, CA | Full Time
Client Relations Manager
Travel: Approximately 25% per year
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
American LegalNet (ALN) is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the legal space, providing innovative solutions that are used by more than half of the AmLaw 100 firms (and thousands of smaller law firms) every single day. Our core product lines include solutions for risk management, cybersecurity, and litigation workflow automation.
The Client Relations Manager is a key role here at ALN, focused on building relationships with our clients in order to ensure they have a great experience throughout all of their engagements with us and derive the utmost value from our products and services. This position is best suited for someone who enjoys a fast-paced but fun work environment, can adapt to different types of client personalities (including business-people, attorneys, and IT people), and who has a combination of interpersonal, business, and technical skills.
The CRM plays a crucial role in six areas that encompass the entire customer life-cycle:
- Customer Onboarding – building relationships with key client stakeholders, collaborating with other ALN team members to help drive successful training, project management/implementation, and product adoption
- Periodic Health Checks/Business Reviews – meeting with client stakeholders periodically to assess the current status of product adoption, value generated, issues, and enhancement requests, continuing to build the relationships and documenting/facilitating any follow up items
- Account Escalations – collaborating with the ALN support team and others as needed to ensure timely and professional response to any critical issues, overdue tickets, or account red flags
- Renewals – auditing licenses and working with clients proactively on upcoming renewals to ensure client retention and satisfaction
- Up-sell, Expansion, and Upgrades – working closely with clients to help increase their lifetime value (LTV) to American LegalNet by identifying additional products, services, or licenses where the client can receive additional value from our offerings, and then driving those opportunities from conception through to a closed sale
- Customer Advocacy – helping create more champions for our products and services in the form of referrals, case studies, speaking engagements, or other collaborative marketing activities
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with various departments – need to be able to adapt to and speak with different audiences (C-level, IT, users, attorneys, etc)
- Comfortable with and skilled in leading meetings and presentations, both remotely and in person
- Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to learn and master complex software applications
- Comfortable multitasking between various clients and projects throughout the day
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or two years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An M.B.A., or a background in software client engagement, software project management, software training, and/or software sales a strong plus
- Technical knowledge of Windows, SQL databases, IT infrastructure, or similar a strong plus
- Travel – must be willing to travel approximately 25% of the time throughout the US conducting on site, in-person sales and training/relationship building efforts.
Salary dependent on experience. Will be a mix of an attractive base salary and commissions. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a great, stable and professional work environment.