Business Systems Analyst
Product Management | Encino, CA | Full Time
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow platform suite including eDockets (docketing/calendaring solution) and its associated software, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing lifecycle and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and non-current content.
American LegalNet is seeking a Business Systems Analyst with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate foundation that will join this dynamic mezzanine company and help take ALN to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry.
Business Systems Analyst Job Responsibilities:
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will join ALN’s team to help drive the next generation of legal technology solutions. The BSA will be responsible for bridging the gaps between business requirements and technical execution, including through analysis of requirements, design of software and database systems, creation of technical documentation, and ongoing communications with internal and external stakeholders.
The BSA will be expected to combine business and technical acumen along with organizational skills and attention to detail to solve complex problems and continue to evolve our innovative, best-in-class suite of legal technology products. The BSA also needs to have solid written and verbal communications skills to facilitate the flow of information between technical and non-technical stakeholders. As a key part of our overall team, the BSA will partner with product, development, QA, implementation, support, and other teams to ensure the success of a variety of different products and projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
The Business Systems Analyst gathers information through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders as well as self-guided analysis of business and client needs, and uses that information to deliver technical requirements, designs, documentation, specifications, recommendations, and ongoing communications to all stakeholders.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
* Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information from stakeholders; evaluating requirements in terms of software development, database design and execution, system integration points, expectations, and constraints.
* Designs software interfaces and dependencies by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
* Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
* Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
* Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; recommending approaches, resources and budgets.
* Monitors progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
* Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
* Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing support; facilitating knowledge transfer and conducting user training as needed.
* Prepares technical and status update reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Partners with the quality assurance team to guide and contribute to testing efforts.
* Works with a team spirit by facilitating the overall success of the company as needed.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
* Extensive professional and educational background in information technology, with at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
* 3+ years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst or similar role that involves translating business needs into technical requirements
* 3+ years of hands-on experience with data-driven application development preferred
* Experience working with legal technology a plus
* Solid verbal and written communications skills with the ability to adapt to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and collaborative spirit
* Experience at a startup company a plus
Compensation Package: Salary dependent on experience. Generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, Gym Membership, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide great and stable and professional work environment.