Operations | Encino, CA | Full Time
American LegalNet has changed the way law firms conduct their practice with the introduction of the ‘Desktop to Courthouse’ workflow solutions suite of products which includes eDockets, Forms WorkFlow and Court eFiling tools. This suite of legal practice software products, individually or combined, allows law firms to improve the workflow necessary to support the entire litigation or filing life-cycle, and reduce the risks associated with missing dates and current content.
American LegalNet Assistant Controller
- Assist Controller with the coordination of monthly accounting activities for our Encino, CA and Hyderabad, India operations
- Assist with monthly closing, recording credit card transactions, recognizing online revenues, bank reconciliation…etc.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements, including preparing and entering journal entries.
- Reconcile all onshore and offshore bank accounts as part of the month end closing process
- Prepare monthly onshore and offshore support schedules and reconcilements for financial statements
- Supervise daily accounting activities – accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable, vendor and customer account reconciliations
- Assist in preparing reports, including budget vs actual analyses
- Assist in managing delinquencies
- Assist with the audit and test business information procedures and processes and recommend efficiency improvements
- Regular review of fixed assets inventory and recurring expenses
- Prepare quarterly sales tax returns
- Prepare monthly commission statements
- Process, investigate and resolve eCommerce / online transactions that include:
- Ensuring that all transactions are processed with the merchant
- Ensuring that all credit card transactions cleared
- Investigating and processing chargebacks and refunds
- Processing remittances to courts and other 3rd parties
- Ensuring escrow accounts are properly funded for disbursements
- Analysis and preparation of periodic (daily, weekly, monthly reports)
- Complete assigned projects and tasks on schedule
- Minimum BS degree in accounting and CPA preferred
- Experienced in preparation of financial statements
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting, financial, inventory, and payroll systems required
- Experience with ERP systems and implementation preferred
- Experience with ecommerce and online/credit cards transaction processing and reconciliation
- Strong strategic / budget development, planning, and analytical ability
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookup, conditional statements, macros
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of international accounting and currency exchange issues
- Creative Thinker
- Pass a background check
We offer a competitive compensation plan with a generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities such as ping-pong, yoga, etc. We also provide a stable and professional work environment.
If you would like to become part of our team, please submit your resume for consideration.