Registered Behavior Therapist
Human Services | Melbourne, FL | Full Time and Part Time
Registered Behavior Technicians are work directly with the Board Certified Behavior Analysts to implement the identified intervention strategies. The RBT does not design the interventions or conduct assessments and it is the responsibility of the supervising BCBA to determine the function of the RBT for each case.
RBT responsibilities include:
• Collecting behavior data through direct observation.
• Teaching individuals the specific behavior skills identified in their treatment plans.
• Communicating intervention results to all involved stakeholders and/or caregivers.
• Providing direct care in individual and group settings
• Following the behavior reduction and behavioral skill acquisition protocols
• Assisting behavior analysts and assistant behavior analysts with behavior reduction assessments and skills acquisition when needed.
• Assisting behavior analysts and assistant behavior analysts in the preparation of client materials.
Registered Behavior Technicians must display excellent time management skills and be able to manage multiple tasks at one time. They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, supervisors, peers, and community members and all stakeholders. Registered behavior Technicians must also receive ongoing training and development in relation to organizational policies and procedures, and client confidentiality.
Registered Behavior Technicians must also use sound judgment and seek appropriate consultation from their supervisor to ensure treatment is provided without disruption to the client, to others, and to the environment