Case Coordinator- Day Services
Human Services | Attleboro, MA | Full Time
- The Case Manager evaluates consumers in assigned caseload, develops and implements Day Habilitation Service Plans, provides for member service needs and program objectives and acts as a resource for members, families, team members, direct care staff and other stakeholders. Duties will also include direct supervision and training of, direct care staff and members, participation in their program activities, within community settings or within the facility, training and implementation of the behavior support plans, direct care responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
- Assists with in-take and orientation process for new members, and helps to ensure that all service assessments are completed within the first 90 day period. Evaluate members to determine service needs with emphasis on expressed preferences.
- Participates in the development of the Day Habilitation Service Plan, including goals, objectives, provider support strategies and data collection.
- Ensure implementation of members’ DHSP objectives and corresponding data collection. Train direct care staff on program activities, goals and objectives, and reinforce a team approach with open communication, support and instruction. Provide support for all contracted staff including OT, PT, SLP, COTA, PTA, and SLPA as needed.
- Document progress and needs of members in monthly and quarterly reports. Maintains clinical records in accordance with professional standards, state guidelines, and day habilitation policy. Update and maintain members’ personal file.
- Assists in teaching new skills to members; facilitate individual or group activities in areas of self advocacy/human rights, social skills/communication, nutrition and well-being, safety skills, money skills, community integration, and others determined by DHSP. Maintain knowledge of members’ learning styles, strengths and needs to teach skills effectively. Assist program staff in carrying out personal care duties for members, including but not limited to transfers to wheelchairs, toileting, showering, lifting and transfers to and from vehicles.
- Be aware of Human Rights and Sexuality policies and monitor that all members’ rights are upheld; act as a role model by displaying proper dress, language and a positive attitude.
- Collaborates with other disciplines and employees of Amego to ensure team understanding of member performance strengths and needs, through evaluation, therapeutic program planning, and service delivery.
- Crisis Intervention including: implementation of behavior support plans and proper emergency restraint policies, intervening in crisis situations as needed, ensure accurate and timely completion of incident reports and other related paperwork.
- Ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented; be familiar with evacuation routes, ensure safe and efficient evacuations during drills and actual emergencies; be aware of fire safety and fire prevention procedures; keep aisles and means of egress clean and accessible; report unsafe situations; monitor consumers during lunch; safely transport consumers to community sites as needed.
- Be aware of Mass Health Day Habilitation Programs regulations and ensure that all policies and procedures are upheld along with timely completion of all corresponding paperwork.
- Be aware of all licensing requirements for all assigned members that are required in the Commonwealth. Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed
- Prioritizes and schedules work tasks independently.
- Adheres to all time keeping requirements and weekly schedules.
- Maintains proper communication with all stake holders at all times. This includes establishing a communication schedule for all families/guardians of assigned members and documenting interactions.
- The supervision and oversight of all Developmental Specialists and Paraprofessionals for the assigned Program Rooms. This includes completing monthly supervisions and annual performance appraisals, as well as discipline when necessary.
- Maintains attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to timekeeping.
- Additional duties: daily attendance, petty cash reconciliation, van maintenance, behavior tallies/graphs, curriculum development, morning meetings, transport duty, and others as assigned. Will assist in transporting individuals to activities as assigned.