Senior/Principal Scientist, Structural Biology
Research (Eindhoven, Netherlands) | Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands | Full Time
Ambagon Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of molecular glues stabilizing the interaction between the 14-3-3 adaptor proteins and their disease-promoting client proteins. Our academic founders are the world leaders in this novel approach and launched Ambagon with a mission to engage undruggable target classes to provide new therapies for unmet medicalneeds in cancer and other diseases. Ambagon is a rapidly growing company with two sites (San Francisco CA, USA and Eindhoven, Netherlands) that closely collaborate. Learn more about our company at our website: www.ambagontx.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated structural biologist for the Eindhoven team. This position will be a critical member of the multidisciplinary team reporting to the US based Executive Director, Structural Biology and Informatics. This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute and impact drug discovery and development in a fast-paced biotech company. As Principal/Senior Scientist in the Structural Biology group, you will be responsible for the crystallography of binary and ternary complexes of 14-3-3 proteins. Furthermore, you will be involved in the integration of the collected structural data in a company database. As the leading scientist on site, you will be the day to day go to person for the dutchbased team.
You will be working in a close team that is very science driven and really wants to make an impact for patients. values communication, inclusion and respect. We are a very flat organization, where everyone’s input is appreciated and we believe that we grow together. We are a scale-up, so flexibility and adaptability are key to success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out high throughput crystallization experiments and manage synchrotron data collection
- Determine and interpret crystal structures of binary and ternary complexes of 14-3-3 proteins, with emphasis on high quality ligand fitting and guidance to chemistry design
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure timely achievement of corporate goals and project milestones
- Prepare and deliver scientific presentations and reports to communicate structural findings to colleagues within and outside the structural biology team
- Collaborate closely and effectively with multifunctional teams, including Medicinal Chemistry, Biochemistry and Cancer Biology to develop and implement strategies to advance discovery programs
- Maintain a command of relevant scientific literature, research/mine public domain structure data, and evaluate implications for internal projects
- Assume responsibility for maintaining laboratory equipment, facilitate their use by other scientists, and maintain clear, detailed, and up-to-date experimental records
- Conduct other duties as assigned
- PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry or Structural biology
- You have at least 4 years of industry experience
- Extensive experience with macromolecule crystallization, synchrotron X-ray diffraction data collection, data processing, and structure determination and refinement
- Understanding of the principles of various phasing methods, density modification and model building techniques, refinement and structure validation methods
- Proficiency in Linux, CCP4, Phenix, Coot, PyMOL and at least one scripting language (i.e. python, perl and etc)
- Cryo-EM experience is a significant plus but not mandatory
- Expert knowledge on protein purification, protein sample characterization and protein construct design for crystallography
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of protein structure, conformational dynamics, protein-ligand interactions and implications for drug design
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, sense for detail and accuracy, high standard of integrity and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Desire to learn and tackle new challenges is imperative
- You need to have a work permit for the Netherlands
What we offer
- Function title: Senior or Principal Scientist, depending on your seniority
- Fulltime (40 hour) work week, but we can discuss 32 hours as a minimum
- Motivated and close team
- Competitive remuneration package, with base, bonus and equity
Ambagon Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. In accordance with applicable law, Ambagon does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex,national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.