Internal Application: Intern Biochemistry/ Protein Chemistry
Research (Eindhoven, Netherlands) | Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands | Internship
Ambagon Therapeutics is a startup biotech company that is involved in early-stage drug development for cancer therapeutics. Our team has developed an unique approach built upon the stabilization of protein-protein interactions with molecular glues. This approach is applied on 14-3-3 proteins and their many interaction partners. Ambagon is a rapidly growing company with sites in Eindhoven (NL) and the Bay Area (CA, USA) that closely collaborate.
For our team in Eindhoven we are looking for an intern! In the Biochemistry team we are currently working on expanding our in-house protein chemistry capabilities, including the expression and purification of various 14-3-3 protein constructs, as well as disease-relevant interaction partners. Challenges related to this include optimal domain construct design, optimization of the expression and purification workflows for these typically difficult proteins, and site-specific phosphorylation. The suitable intern will join the project team and work on solutions for these challenges in the lab.
You will get experience in working at a platform based biotech company and learn the ins and outs about the drug development pipeline. You will be working in a close-knit team that values communication, inclusion and respect.
About the internship
We offer the opportunity to a Master student to participate in a project we are currently working on. This is a great experience to get your head around working in industry in stead of academia, or to work in a scale-up in stead of a big pharmaceutical company.
So more concrete what do we expect from you:
- you are a Master student in Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Life Sciences, Biomolecular Research, Cellular Protein Chemistry (or comparable).
- Minimal duration of the internship is 4 months (6+ months is preferred).
- Laboratory experience with protein production in e.coli, protein purification using affinity chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, and standard QC (SDS-PAGE) methods, is required
- Possibility to combine with biochemical assays (e.g. FP, ITC, HTRF). Experience with these techniques is welcome but not expected
- you have a sense for details and accuracy, a high standard of integrity and is enthusiastic about science!
- you are very comfortable in English. Dutch is not necessary
- you are linked to a university that allows you to do an internship in the Netherlands (something with visa)
What can you expect from us?
- we have a great team where the majority has a Master+ degree
- we have a international team in Eindhoven, but also in San Fransisco.
- You will receive an internship compensation of €400,- per month.
If you are interested, please send a motivational letter and resume! let's discuss.