Operations | Sparks, NV | Full Time
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for the movement of inventory and non-inventory goods throughout the warehouse, including receiving finished goods from production operations, receiving raw materials and finished goods from outside vendors, shipping finished product to customers, and assuring the warehouse is operated and maintained in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions
The primary duties and responsibilities fall under three categories. Based on training and review in these areas, a successful Warehouse Associate will assure that all three areas are managed properly.
- Load and Unload Trucks;
- Coordinate with Shipping Department to ensure all shipments are moving in and out of warehouse as scheduled;
- Process internal documentation to prepare for goods arrival, verify quantities and quality of received goods, and provide accounting department with receipts of goods documents.
- Plan and stage shipments; including preparation for work orders;
- Prepare orders for shipment; including assembly, wrapping, and labeling;
- Review Packing Lists and pick, pack, and ship the correct goods to customers;
- Verify accuracy of orders by matching them with quantities and types;
- Process completed orders.
Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Oversee all inventory activities to ensure accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and efficiency maintaining the integrity of the physical inventory by location;
- Maintain a neat and organized environment at all times;
- Review and process production entries, including verifying quantities and bills of materials, and putting goods in their proper location;
- Oversee, audit, and file all documentation to ensure the movement and documentation of inventory is done correctly and within proper timelines;
- Conduct inventory counts, including daily cycle counting, verify discrepancies, and troubleshoot Bills of Material problems;
- Executes inventory transfers and reassigns active locations;
- Adjust ERP system to reflect changes in location, production quantities, and other key information;
- Assist in arranging and organizing physical inventory, including moving goods, generating location labels, etc.;
- Coordinate with Purchasing to generate raw material orders, including packaging and other goods, to assure an efficient production environment;
- Researches potential quantity variances as identified by Accounts Payable;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The successful candidate will have experience in three primary areas related to injection molding production.
- Good organizational skills a must;
- Needs to be detail-oriented;
- Needs to be able to work independently;
- Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy;
- Possess working knowledge of inventory transactions, product specifications, bills of materials and WIP required;
- Maintain safety at all time in all areas, including attending safety meetings;
- Complies with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules regulations;
- Provide timely reports or reporting information as required;
- Coordinate and work collectively with other areas as required;
- Knowledge of UPS Worldship is preferred;
- Experience operating a forklift, pallet-jack, and other mechanized equipment;
- Comfortable using computer systems to enter and process orders, complete forms (including Bills of Lading), produce labels and other shipping documents, enter physical inventories, etc.
- High school diploma or GED; Associates or Bachelors’ degree preferred;
- Minimum three years’ experience with inventory management systems;
- Minimum three years shipping/receiving experience;
- Practical experience in general warehouse or stockroom operations;
- Must be Fluent in English language (speaking, reading and writing);
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Skilled in safe and effective operations of equipment and tools.
- Must have a clean driving record and a Class C driver’s license.
This job requires work primarily in a factory and warehouse environment, including the ability to maneuver in, around and over industrial equipment, hoses, and other elements typically found in a factory.
Must be physically fit, with the ability to lift up to 75 lbs., and able to frequently reach above and below shoulder level, stoop and squat.
For over sixty years, AMAC Plastic Products has been an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of packaging, storage and organization solutions. Our flagship product is the ubiquitous AMAC Box, used as packaging by retailers, manufacturers and wholesalers, and found as a storage and organization product for consumers around the world. From our manufacturing facility in Sonoma County, California, we produce and distribute AMAC boxes to retail and manufacturing outlets worldwide. Our key consumer products can be found at www.amac1960.com, and our wholesale packaging products can be found at www.amacpackaging.com.
Our mission is to bring to market beautifully designed and manufactured products that solve everyday packaging, storage and organization challenges. From our factory in Northern California and our partners overseas, we bring together the best designs and materials to create products our customers will cherish and use well into the future.