Second/Third Shift Supervisor
Operations | Petaluma, CA | Full Time
Second/Third Shift Supervisors
The Second and Third Shift Leads have the role of supporting and supervising ongoing production during the overnight shifts. Second Shift runs from 2:50 pm to 10:50 pm and Third Shift runs from 10:40 pm to 6:40 am.
Essential Job Functions
The primary duties and responsibilities fall under two categories. Based on training and review in these two areas, a successful Shift Lead will assure that both areas are managed properly.
Production Support and Supervision
Support and Supervise Production Workers and Production Assembly Workers
- Provide breaks for workers on a rotating basis throughout the shift;
- Assist in labeling product and generating production entry forms;
- Assure each workstation has sufficient raw materials, packaging and supplies;
- Assure work areas are clean and organized, and assist when necessary;
- Review quality of parts being packed;
- Supervise and support secondary operations, including part assembly, packaging, and printing.
Molding and Machine Operations
- Adjust molding parameters on injection molding machines to assure continuous and quality production;
- Document all changes to processes;
- Pull runners for job restart;
- Review molded parts for part quality issues (rubbing, blemishes, cracks, etc.) and make necessary adjustments/repairs to assure quality parts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The successful candidate will have experience in three primary areas related to injection molding production.
- Ability to start, operate, and shut down injection molding machines;
- Ability to adjustment molding parameters to assure quality production;
- Knowledge of basic molding troubleshooting, including the ability to review a part and identify the source of the problem;
- Must be able to work in a team environment, but also work independently.
- As a senior on-site person during the shift, the successful candidate must respond to issues as they arise, but also identify areas in which to assure better performance and productivity, including preventative maintenance, housekeeping, and process documentation.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other mechanical equipment.
This job requires work primarily in a factory environment, including the ability to maneuver in, around and over industrial equipment, hoses, and other elements typically found in a factory.
Second shift operates from 2:50pm to 10:50pm, Monday through Friday. Third shift operates from 10:40pm to 6:40am, Monday evening through Saturday morning.
Must be physically fit, with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and use mechanical tools to move and adjust injection molding tools and equipment.
The Shift Lead will supervise up to eight Injection Molding Production Workers and Production Assembly Workers. In most cases, the Shift Lead will serve as the lead person and most senior on-site supervisor during that shift. In some cases, the Shift Lead will be assisted and supervised by a Shift Lead Tech who can provide additional support in machine and molding troubleshooting.
For over fifty five years, AMAC Plastic Products has been an industry leader in the design and manufacturing of packaging, storage and organization solutions. Our flagship product is the ubiquitous AMAC Box, used as packaging by retailers, manufacturers and wholesalers, and found as a storage and organization product for consumers around the world. From our manufacturing facility in Sonoma County, California, we produce and distribute AMAC boxes to retail and manufacturing outlets worldwide. Our key consumer products can be found at www.amac1960.com, and our wholesale packaging products can be found at www.amacpackaging.com.
Our mission is to bring to market beautifully designed and manufactured products that solve everyday packaging, storage and organization challenges. From our factory in Northern California and our partners overseas, we bring together the best designs and materials to create products our customers will cherish and use well into the future.