Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
Provide leadership and mentorship to an elite engineering team focused on high-value, high-impact custom software projects
Collaborate directly with the customer and Senior Product team to ensure vision and strategy alignment
Determine existing customer infrastructure capacity and performance; plan for future requirements, prepare proposals. Evaluate technology/tools and identify prospective solutions further out on the roadmap
Identify emerging technologies and market trends to address long-term solution decisions
Work with Project, Product, and Engineering leadership for team resource allocation and planning
Effectively communicate design concepts to customers and articulate options to drive forward-thinking conversations
Work with Product Development/Engineering to provide technical expertise in the design and planning of solutions
Anticipate impact of integration touch points due to Projects requirements. Advise on (but not oversee) implementation strategy, delivery and deployment to the customer
Provide solutions for integrating third-party systems
Work with Client Services and Product Management to execute Demos and POCs for clients
Provide technical leadership and mentorship to teams
Advise as a SME on coding frameworks for development team
- Design complex technical solutions that span multiple teams and business areas that meet the customer’s needs, on time and on budget
- Ensure code quality with code reviews, technical design reviews, and patterns and practice standards for a team of junior and mid-level engineers
- Evaluate and manage engineering estimation variance: projected vs. actual
- Provide the highest level of customer service and customer empathy directly with critical stakeholders, including C-level executives of $1B+ companies.
- Drive internal process improvements in the SDLC to accelerate project delivery and improve quality
The Big 5:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering or Solutions Architecture
- 2+ years of leadership experience (Technical Lead, Team Lead, Lead Architect)
- Experience in Software Consulting or Professional Services
- Proficient in MS stack, capable of high-quality code assessment in .NET/C#
- Verifiable success in delivering high-value, cross-team solutions with tight timelines and well-defined budgets
The Support You Deserve:
We are insanely proud of the high employee retention and work culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service to our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We come to work each day choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.