Site Reliability Engineer
Operations | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
- Developing, maintaining and supporting client technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components
- Performing installation, maintenance and support of application system software/hardware and client user support
- Configuring, debugging and supporting client line of business infrastructure platforms
- Performing high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures
- Monitoring and testing application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifying possible solutions, and working with developers to implement those fixes
- Serving as liaison for all customer facing systems
- Performing lead duties for projects as assigned
- Assisting with internal duties as needed
The Big 5:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience in either Site Reliability or DevOps Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with SDLC and post-release incident management
- Strong .NET and MS stack experience
- Track record of elevating the performance of engineering teams in client-focused business model
The Support You Deserve:
We are insanely proud of the high employee retention and work culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service to our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We come to work each day choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.