Senior User Experience Designer
Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
What You'll Do:
As a User Experience Designer embedded in a cross-functional software development team, you will work closely with our clients and development team members to design exceptional software that helps our clients grow their businesses.
Specifically, you will visualize the big picture to identify and analyze key issues and recommend effective solutions; create web application designs that are simple and intuitive for users; create prototypes to demonstrate the design; champion the design solution internally and with clients; iteratively improve the design and information architecture of the entire application; and collaborate with developers throughout the implementation of the design. In addition, you'll help less experienced UX team members grow their skill set, stay current on emerging design solutions, help us push the boundaries of what's possible with creative solutions, and continue to develop your skills as a member of an agile development team.
Requirements for Success:
- 5+ years with full SDLC experience designing web applications
- Experience conducting usability testing and a proven track record of applying a variety of user research methods
- Solid understanding of designing for a range of web-based solutions
- Experience designing for mental models and experience creating simple, intuitive interfaces for rich-client web and mobile applications
- Deep, applied knowledge of user-centered design, usability, and application design principles
- Ability to create effective prototypes and high fidelity wireframes to represent the design solution using Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator and Axure
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Balanced ability to work well independently as well as with a small group of your peers, without hierarchy or politics.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio link to apply for this position.
We don’t just build custom software, we build lasting customer partnerships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will enable growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. It’s why we love what we do. That’s why, no matter the job title, from fullstack developer to designer and everyone in between, we collaborate with our customers on a daily basis.
We have been in business for over a decade and employ more than 80 people at our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, and our satellite office in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Over the past few years, we have been growing quickly, and there is no slowdown in sight. We made the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list for the 3rd year in a row!
We value hard work, but we also equally value a solid work/life balance. We believe you should enjoy coming to work and offer a casual and fun environment with flexible hours. We offer competitive salaries, company-paid medical and dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, a generous PTO/vacation policy, and more! Our office is centrally located near the east side of the Ross Island Bridge and is easily accessible whether you choose to walk, run, bike, drive, bus or take the MAX to work.