Senior Technical Lead
Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
Why this Role? Why Now?
Our focus is to drive the highest value to our clientele via custom enterprise software solutions. As a technology consultancy, we dive deep with our clients, ensuring we build applications that will allow them to overcome impediments to growth and stability, meeting their most critical business needs. We are seeking a Senior Technical Lead to provide hands-on leadership over a team of five Software Engineers, collaborating often with external stakeholders, as well as internal Product and Project Managers. The projects are high-value, high-impact and the margin for error is narrow.
- Design complex technical solutions that span multiple teams and business areas that meet the customer’s needs, on time and on budget
- Ensure code quality with code reviews, technical design reviews, and patterns and practice standards for a team of junior and mid-level engineers
- Evaluating and managing engineering estimation variance: projected vs. actual
- Manage project risk and performance issues across QA, Ops, UX and Data
- Supply early estimates and guidance to product managers and project managers
- Provide the highest level of customer service and customer empathy directly with critical stakeholders, including C-level executives of $1B+ companies.
- Drive internal process improvements in the SDLC to accelerate project delivery and improve quality
The Big 5:
- BS in Computer Science
- 7+ years of progressive experience building software applications with deep expertise in the MS stack: C# and .NET framework
- 2+ years of progressive experience as a Software Developer Team Lead, Technical Lead, or Engineering Lead/Manager
- Verifiable success in delivering high-value, cross-team solutions with tight timelines and well-defined budgets
- Track record of working with onshore/offshore resources fluently
The Support You Deserve:
We are insanely proud of the high employee retention and work culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service to our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We come to work each day choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.