Internal Application: Senior .NET/C# Software Developer
Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
What You'll Do:
As a senior software developer, you will build software that matters to real businesses using it everyday. You will get to know clients on a first name basis, understand their needs, and shape the “how” of solutions. You will have ample opportunities to present your ideas and work to non-technical people and demonstrate how your solution meets their needs. You will see the solution through to delivery and beyond, as our clients uncover more needs and the relationship continues. You will work alongside a small group of similarly focused developers using the tools and technologies that make the most sense for the client. Along the way, you’ll go deep and broad on technologies reusing old standbys and learning new ones.
You will be successful with AltSource if you have:
- Experience using C# and the .NET framework to build applications with enterprise design patterns
- Skills in database development and knowledge of use of cloud technologies
- Interest and skills writing maintainable and testable code in a shared code base
- Track record of supporting your team members, avoiding complexity, adapting to changes, and learning to apply new technology and domain knowledge
- Thrive as an equal member in a self-organizing team, with the desire and knowledge to contribute to overall design and direction
- Ability to match solutions to business needs while leading the charge against unnecessary complexity
- 7+ years experience required
If this sounds like a great role and an ideal work environment, we’d love to hear from you!
The Support you Deserve:
We're proud of the high employee retention and work-culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service for our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, none of that is relevant given the current COVID situation, and candidly, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture anyway.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We get to work each day, choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.