Internal Application: Senior Engineering Manager
Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
- Lead engineering activities within a given business area for a large enterprise client
- Manage 3-4 Engineering Teams in an Agile environment: guiding, mentoring, and holding them accountable to quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders where appropriate in customer-centric delivery model
- Coach Team Leads and Engineers for improved technical decision-making for on scope, on budget, on time delivery
- Recommend new tools, resources, and technology which improve your teams' ability to deliver value to the customer
- Collaborate with cross-functional department leads from QA, DevOps, UX, and Data
- Solve performance and operational issues to improve overall engineering efficiency
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data to Director of Engineering for overall execution across the domain
- Own tactical decisions for resource management within the domain
- Determine the training and development needed for specific resources within the team structure
The Big 5:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 7+ years of progressive experience in software engineering
- 3+ years leading engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Strong .NET and MS stack experience
- Track record of elevating the performance of engineering teams in client-focused business model
The Support You Deserve:
We're proud of the high employee retention and work-culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service for our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, none of that is relevant given the current COVID situation, and candidly, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture anyway.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We get to work each day, choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.