Sales Development Manager
Leadership | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
- Motivate a team of Business Development Representatives to achieve daily, weekly, and quarterly top-of-funnel sales goals
- Build and refine specific talk tracks for clear, compelling value prop and differentiators that are industry, vertical, and pain-point specific
- Propose new ideas to Sales and Marketing leadership for specific prospecting initiatives and endeavors to diversify our approach to developing new clients
- Outline clear activity and performance expectations (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually) to your team and hold them accountable
- Supply quantitative and qualitative feedback to Marketing department to help focus and refine marketing efforts
- Build and refine call scripts, sales collateral, and talk tracks/objection handling for Business Development Reps
- Coach and mentor BDR's to help achieve and exceed goals
- Role-play, train, and model the appropriate BDR behavior and talk-tracks with prospective customers to generate interest
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales and Sales Executives to determine key tenants of prospective customer vetting process
- Build and refine specific qualification points that can be identified and documented by BRD's during prospective customer engagements
- Train BDR's on process: call planning & organization, agenda-setting, specific questions, closing to next steps
- Analyze quantitative data from outbound prospecting efforts to identify areas for improvement
- Create team-building and culture-focused exercises that retains the best talent
The Big 5:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of progressive B2B technology sales experience
- 2+ years of Sales leadership experience
- Proven success in unique-value or service-based consulting sales and business development
- Track record of exceeding organization goals and expectations
The Support You Deserve:
We are insanely proud of the high employee retention and work culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service to our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We come to work each day choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.