Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
- Operate as embedded quality advocate and tester within a cross-functional development team
- Understand clients’ product goals and effectively champion a quality strategy that supports those goals
- Build and maintain test cases according to documentation
- Become a subject matter expert in your team's domain, and contribute to the overall design and direction of the system
- Assess release readiness per feature quality criteria
- Organize and lead quality efforts on cross team projects
- Collaborate with QA efforts across multiple teams and projects when needed
- Find opportunities to streamline and automate test efforts
- Question embedded "truths" in the interest of ensuring the best quality possible and pushing for department evolution
- Learn new technologies and tools as business needs change and effectively incorporate them
The Big 5:
- 3+ years experience in Software Quality Assurance working within an n-tier SaaS environment
- Proven success in testing front end features, APIs, and backend systems
- Dynamic experience leading test efforts and meeting quality objectives on time
- Experience with test automation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
The Support You Deserve:
We're proud of the high employee retention and work-culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service for our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, none of that is relevant given the current COVID situation, and candidly, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture anyway.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We get to work each day, choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.