Internal Application: Principal Software Engineer
Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
After 15 years, we continue to grow, scale, and deliver unparalleled products and services to our customers. We employ more than 200 business and technology-focused professionals from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For seven years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
- Lead the technical execution of major software projects: both new and existing components, systems, and features
- Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies that yield the highest business value
- Provide technical oversight throughout all phases of the SDLC
- Deliver technical audits and ensure audit recommendations are implemented
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve custom software products
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders for on-time, on-budget, on-value delivery
- Provide training and mentorship to Engineering resources
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables within your scope of practice
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Deliver business presentations to external stakeholders
The Big 5:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS
- 10+ years of progressive experience in software engineering, 3+ years technical leadership
- n-tier application experience
- 5+ years of C#/ .NET experience
- Track record of enhancing technical value and design practices of engineering teams in client-focused business model
The Support You Deserve:
We're proud of the high employee retention and work-culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to innovate and create a compelling product and service for our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, none of that is relevant given the current COVID situation. Candidly, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture anyway.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We get to work each day, choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.