Lead Software Developer
Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
What You'll Do:
As a lead software developer in this customer-facing role, you will work closely with your team members and our clients to build new software that addresses real business needs, along real business timelines. You will get to know clients on a first name basis, understand their needs, and shape the “how” of solutions. You will have ample opportunities to present your ideas and work clearly to non-technical people and demonstrate how your solution meets their needs. You will see the solution through to delivery and beyond, as our clients uncover more needs and the relationship continues. And as a member of a cross-functional team in a flat and largely self-managing environment, with a brisk pace and focused goals, you must be comfortable with ambiguity and prefer being transparent and accountable for the team’s success.
Bottom line: this is the opportunity to build software that matters to real businesses.
Requirements for Success:
- Experience as technical decision maker on projects: architecture, code quality, tech stack, test coverage, prototyping, etc.
- Experience leading an Agile development team driven to excellence in engineering processes (including mentoring and supporting teammates, participating in code reviews and pair programming as necessary).
- Ability to work closely with clients and non-technical team members to understand goals and product vision.
- Extensive experience coding enterprise-level software and writing maintainable and testable code in a shared code base,
- Skilled in modern object-oriented programming languages and enterprise design patterns
- Track record of supporting your team members, avoiding complexity, adapting to changes, and learning to apply new technology and domain knowledge
If this sounds like a great role and an ideal work environment, we’d love to hear from you!
We don’t just build custom software, we build lasting customer partnerships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will enable growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. It’s why we love what we do. That’s why, no matter the job title, from fullstack developer to designer and everyone in between, we collaborate with our customers on a daily basis.
We have been in business for over a decade and employ more than 80 people at our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, and our satellite office in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Over the past few years, we have been growing quickly, and there is no slowdown in sight. We made the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list for the 3rd year in a row!
We value hard work, but we also equally value a solid work/life balance. We believe you should enjoy coming to work and offer a casual and fun environment with flexible hours. We offer competitive salaries, company-paid medical and dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, a generous PTO/vacation policy, and more! Our office is centrally located near the east side of the Ross Island Bridge and is easily accessible whether you choose to walk, run, bike, drive, bus or take the MAX to work.