Enterprise Software Architect
Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
AltSource, Inc. is a successful and rapidly growing custom software development company located in SE Portland. We made the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list for the 3rd year in a row. We've been building enterprise systems since 2004 and are currently seeking a smart and qualified Enterprise Software Architect to join our team and help drive application design and implementation using Microsoft-centric technologies. We have deep domain knowledge in our application space, and our solutions make a daily positive impact on people's lives.
We provide custom business software in a unique and challenging domain, and we're looking for a long-term, experienced developer who will learn the business and ultimately help shape our offerings at all levels. The ideal candidate has enterprise software design and development knowledge as well experience being heavily involved in the full software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Develop and implement technical standards used by the team to ensure that system design follows industry best practices.
- Provide architectural recommendations to internal and external teams.
- Provide guidance in software system architecture and more detailed software design to other developers.
- Guide teams through architectural development process and collaborate with developers to coordinate the efforts of development.
- Work with developers and data team to evaluate system structure, database design, interface design and operational and performance requirements.
- In collaboration with other developers, architect, design and develop user interface, service and data tier components for complex applications.
- Create and maintain formal documentation including technical designs, development plans, implementation plans, and release notes.
- Work closely with clients and non-technical team members to understand goals and product vision.
- Bring real world practical experience to apply theories of software architecture to the problems at hand.
We want to work with you if:
- You are a self starter who is passionate about solving problems with software.
- You have an understanding of software development from feature request to support.
- You have strong opinions on how things should be built, yet are flexible in achieving solutions.
- You want to make an impact and not just be a cog in the development machine.
- You are a creative problem solver who is able to transform multiple conflicting needs into a great solution.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years related work experience.
- Solid understanding of the application of current technologies to business problems.
- Excellent knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA) principles and web standards.
- Strong knowledge of software design principles and patterns.
- Solid skills in modern object-oriented programming languages and enterprise design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to lead development projects and make decisions effectively.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Flexibility with tools and tech stack.
If this sounds like a great role and an ideal work environment, we’d love to hear from you!