Director of Engineering
Software Development | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
Why this Role? Why Now?
As we continue to grow and scale our business alongside our clients, we have recognized the benefits of increased structure, communication, and performance management across the more than a dozen engineering teams at AltSource. While working daily with cross-functional teams to ensure clear communication and adherence to the SDLC across Engineering, Data, and Quality Assurance, you will also have the opportunity to partner and consult with C-suite stakeholders at enterprise clientele. Understanding their unique business challenges and goals will allow you to effectively manage to a high-level of performance and project execution across multiple teams and domains.
- Align and organize software engineering teams around Customer business needs
- Own and track critical OKR's for delivery of high-quality custom software products in an Agile environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders in Product, Project, and Operations to drive departmental goals in light of key customer projects
- Define internal organizational strategy alongside Product, Engineering, Client Services, and Executive Leadership
- Lead a team of Senior Engineering Managers for high-performance delivery of cross-domain portfolio projects
- Demonstrate a high level of empathy and degree of business acumen while working with stakeholders to drive maximum value to the customer
- Implement positive change management strategies to align with client needs while maximizing internal efficiencies
- Collaborate with both on-shore and off-shore resources for optimal performance to domain and project needs
The Big 5:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing or related field
- 10+ years of progressive experience in software engineering or solutions architecture
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams in Custom Software Consulting or Professional Services
- 2+ years of leveraging Microsoft's technology stack in enterprise software production
- Verifiable success of performance management to OKR's and KPI's aligned with Customer goals and objectives
The Support You Deserve:
We are insanely proud of the high employee retention and work culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service to our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture - especially now that we're all adjusting to a "home office." Our leadership and HR teams have built a collaborative onboarding process to ensure you are able to come on-board, be supported, and have the latitude to make a positive impact right out of the gate!
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We come to work each day choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.