Operations | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
Why this Role? Why Now?
For 15 years we have focused on providing the highest value software applications to our clients. Because of our growth and diversification of products, we are expanding our DevOps and SRE team to provide increased visibility and stability for our customers. We believe that you can't improve what you can't measure, so we ask that every member of the AltSource family have a bias toward data, performance metrics, and OKR's in order to push the boundaries of how we are defining success and value in light of the shifting business needs and priorities of our customers. Our DevOps and SRE team provides a unique benefit to both IT operations and software development teams. Not only can they drive increased reliability for systems in production but they also increase the value of IT, support and Dev teams by allowing them to spend less time working on support escalations, allowing more time to build new features and services.
- Develop, maintain and support client technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components
- Perform installation, maintenance and support of application system software/hardware and client user support
- Configure, debug and support client line of business infrastructure platforms
- Perform high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption recovery and create preventative measures
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Document tribal knowledge
- Be part of an on-call rotation for incident response
- Find areas to offer recommendations for enhanced visibility and automation of the SRE function and competency
The Big 5:
Computer Science degree
3+ years in DevOps or Site Reliability role in Software
MUST HAVE: proficiency in Windows/.NET/SQL stack
Progressive work experience due to proven track record of high performance
Alignment with our company's core values
Feathers in the Cap:
- ApplicationMonitoring (NewRelic or AppD), Configuration Management (Chef/Puppet/Ansible) are nice, RabbitMQ/ELK/Redis and TeamCity/OD are pluses as well
The Support You Deserve:
We are very proud of the high employee retention and work culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service to our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and plenty of Kombucha and cold brew, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We come to work each day, braving the freeway traffic or crowded MAX cars because we actively choose a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to be intimately involved with solutions that solve real business problems, experiencing personal growth and development rare to most organizations of our size. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.