Data and Reporting Analyst
General | Portland, OR | Full Time
We don’t just build custom software, we are a technology partner who creates lasting relationships that help our customers grow their business. We work with innovative companies to create custom applications that will unlock growth, streamline processes, and ensure scalability. We collaborate with our clients on a daily basis to ensure we are driving value at multiple levels.
We have been in business for over 15 years and employ more than 175 people from our headquarters in Portland, and across our satellite offices in San Diego, Austin, Jacksonville Beach, Ashland, and Vietnam. For six years running we continue to be honored as one of Inc. 5000’s and Portland Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and there is little sign of slowing down!
Why this Role? Why Now?
As we continue to grow and expand the amount of work driving through our customer portfolio, it's imperative that we are able to respond quickly and effectively to customer data inquiries and requests without stalling or interrupting critical project work. The Data and Reporting Analyst at AltSource will help to drive critical business decisions by analyzing data and metrics and producing reports. The analyst should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with requirements coming from various business areas. Time management and task prioritization will be crucial in this role.
- Develop report queries, views and SSRS reports to provide analytics and data to feature team stakeholders, Product Managers, and business decision makers. reports vary from 1 time ad hoc data inquiries/investigations to building reports that are used regularly.
- Provide data support to stakeholders by answering inquiries related to investigations and requests.
- Utilize SQL Server, SSRS and Excel to provide data analysis and support to clients and internal stakeholders
- Grow as the subject matter expert for analytics, report design, offering insights and suggestions on the potential needs and problems that need to be solved.
- Manage a variety of requests coming from a number of feature teams and their stakeholders
- Maintain and support existing reports, reporting tools and report definitions
- Work closely with Product, Stakeholder and feature teams to support their analysis needs.
- Be a data advocate working across the company to understand how our data outputs affect different groups and identify areas where we can provide additional value.
- Define the Intake process for reports and inquiries including process, intake requirements, acceptance criteria.
- Provide support to stakeholders in the form of data analytics related to challenges being faced by business leaders.
- Work with product and business to determine future analytics needs based on upcoming new feature work.
- Use available data from external tools like Google Analytics, SendGrid to provide data to provide analytics required to measure impacts of marketing, communications.
- Develop a deep understanding of the data environment to support required data inquiries at a fast pace.
- Analyze data needs and determine any needs that may be resolved through automated, repeatable processes.
The Big 5:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) in Computer Science or related technology field
- Advanced skills in TSQL
- 3+ years of progressive experience using SSRS and excel for producing reports
- 3+ years analyzing large data sets
- A track record of success in effectively communicating requirements, criteria, and results - both internally and with the client
The Support You Deserve:
We are insanely proud of the high employee retention and work culture we have built here at AltSource, but we never allow ourselves to feel we have “arrived.” We believe hiring uniquely talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and life experiences is the only way to continue to create a compelling product and service to our customers. While we offer amazing perks like a beautifully appointed headquarters in SE Portland, replete with ping pong, locker/bike rooms, catered breakfasts/lunches and enough Kombucha to fill the Mt. Tabor Reservoir, we don’t believe that those things are the foundation of true, substantive culture.
At our heart, we are a group of builders and doers who are obsessed with seeking a better way to drive client value. We come to work each day choosing a career that pushes us outside our comfort zone and allows us to experience personal growth and development rare to most organizations. Because we seek high performance and high accountability, we offer competitive wage and benefit packages including paid medical and dental for all employees, and a 401k plan that rewards dedication and loyalty.