Security | Alternatives, Inc. | Full Time
Alternatives, Inc. is celebrating 40 years in the Billings community!! We are a community corrections program for men and women and operate pre-release centers along with a women's treatment program and community based treatment programs too.
- The Client Advisor, in conjunction with case managers and treatment staff, is responsible for the welfare, accountability, safety, and health of the residents and staff in the facility. CAs conduct all security checks as well as complete all security functions on all in house residents and community clients. The Client Advisor plays an integral role in the rehabilitation of Alternatives, Inc. residents and clients by modeling appropriate behavior and reinforcing positive behavior on their part.
First and foremost, it is the Client Advisor’s responsibility to assure the safety and security of the facility including that of the public, residents, and staff. Related duties include:
- Maintenance of situational awareness including resident attitudes, whereabouts, and unusual behavior, etc. This is done by frequently interacting with residents and visitors and circulating throughout the facility and grounds.
- Controlling the introduction of contraband by conduct of effective personal, common area, room, grounds, and vehicle searches.
- Accounting for all clients on a 24-hour per day basis through monitoring of cameras, conduct of agenda checks, performing headcounts and walk-throughs and managing sign in and sign out procedures.
- Monitoring residents for use of drugs and alcohol through observation of client and visitor behavior, urinalysis testing, breathalyzer testing, and searches
The Client Advisor is expected to play an integral role in the reduction in client recidivism by acting as an appropriate role model and by reinforcing positive behavior. Duties include:
- Demonstrating and voicing a belief in each client’s ability to restructure how they think, thereby permitting them to change their behavior, and reduce their chance of recidivating.
- Reinforcing positive behavior on a 4 to 1 ratio with punishment.
- Teaching/modeling appropriate behavior through clear identification of behavior, consequences, rationales, and when appropriate by role playing.
- Maintaining a professional relationship demonstrating empathy, responsiveness, and openness without crossing the boundary to friendship or fraternization.
The Client Advisor is responsible for the orderly conduct of daily operations and routines related to the client’s activities and schedules. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Circulating throughout the facility frequently observing safety hazards and repair needs.
- Management of schedules and curfews.
- Supervision of meal service and sanitation.
- Reporting and assuring completion of repairs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Driver License
- Security experience
- Social Services experience
- Military background
- Free meal while on shift!
- SIGN ON BONUS is ACTIVE!! $2100 total
- 1 month employment = $100
- 2 months employment = $200
- 3 months employment = $300
- 4 months employment = $400
- 5 months employment = $500
- 6 months employment = $600