Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for Warehouse Workers. This position will be working in our wholesale cooler warehouse or our home delivery warehouse. Join us as we propel the brand into the next 100 years!
This role is responsible for receivng product from our dairy plant (catching milk), rotating product and picking product for wholesale and home delivery customers.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Perform all duties related to shipping, receiving, put-away, replenishment, picking, loading and rotation of products.
- Rotate all products during receiving, replenishment, picking, repacking and returns activities according to Company standards
- Participate in pre-picking and merchandising of products as needed
- Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and others you come into contact with throughout your job
- Maintain safety, quality, and productivity standards established by management
- Read order sheet accurately
- Work with warehouse managers and foreman to ensure productivity standards are acceptable
- Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned
Qualifications to be successful:
- 1 + years of warehouse experience including receiving, truck loading, order picking, forklift and pallet jack experience needed.
- Must be able to work in a cooler, lift and push/pull 50 to 75 lbs consistantly and work on your feet 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Safety minded.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and meet deadlines, have great organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Must be able to read orders and schedules and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Work cooperatively with management, colleagues, partners, and most importantly customers and potential customers
- Must be able to maintain a fast, physical pace.
Alpenrose Dairy provides great wages and benefits to all employees. This is a union position. You must be willing to join the union.
Please respond to this post with your work history and/or resume and cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for this position.