Warehouse & Production Manager - 2nd Shift
Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for a Wareouse & Operations Manager - 2nd Shift. Join us as we propel the brand into the next 100 years.
The Warehouse & Operations Manager (WPM) provides management oversight of all second shift plant and warehouse operations. The WPM leads the warehouse function for the company, as most activity occurs during the second shift. The WPM also serve as the senior operations manager for the fluid milk production and sanitation that continues during the second shift. The WPM is responsible for ensuring the daily production schedule is completed, sanitation programs are followed, and warehouse operations (picking and loading) is conducted with accuracy and efficiency. The EOM ensures that all second shift employees adhere to work rules and assignments.
Some of the areas of daily responsibility are:
- Drive warehouse efficiency and improvement, with a focus on order accuracy (pick and load), FIFO rotation of product, recording and reduction of waste, and overall labor productivity.
- Manage and train employees to execute day-to-day responsibilities; oversee all personnel during second shift and ensures that all employees adhere to work rules and assignments.
- Identify process bottlenecks; implement solutions for process flow improvement in the warehouse and recommend production line throughput improvements.
- Work effectively across the company to ensure successful planning and implementation of an inventory control strategy. Collaborate with production to improve accuracy of the perpetual inventory count and product rotation.
- Identify technology, systems and tools needed to implement or enhance warehouse management and inventory control systems.
- Manage and train employees, including hiring, performance management, etc.
- Define and manage to key performance metrics, including labor productivity, order pick accuracy, out-of-stock rate, product waste rate.
- Manage to the budget.
- Partner and collaborate internal and external managers and vendors, building strong business relationships.
- Train, mentor and coach team members; building adaptable and flexible teams in a union environment.
Qualifications needed to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field of study
- 5 + years of hands on experience managing a warehouse operation in a manufacturing environment and preferably with union workforce.
- Software proficiency as it relates to general business functions, warehouse management systems and supply chain activities preferred.
- Abiility to work mid afternoon to late evening.
- Optimistic outlook & get it done attitude with a large does of humor on the side is required.
Alpenrose provides amazing benefits and compensation to all employees.
Please respond to this post with your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for this position.