Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for a Staff Accountant. This position will be instrumental in our accounting department as we propel the brand into the next 100 years.
The staff accountant will work directly under the supervision of the Controller. This role is extremely hands-on in the day-to-day while completing multiple projects. You will collaborate with internal departments and outside parties to ensure transactions are recorded timely and accurately, prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and other monthly, quarterly, and annual close duties for your areas of responsibility
Some of the areas of daily responsibilities are:
- Ensure month-end close processes are completed within deadlines.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Be our primary point person for Accounts Payable.
- Reviews general ledgers for accuracy.
- Support auditing efforts with external auditors and business partners.
- Assist with analysis and schedules.
- Evaluates processes and implements improvements.
- Cross train in other areas of the Accounting Department and provide backup for those areas.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements & supporting schedules.
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Other special projects as needed.
Qualifications needed to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; post graduation experience with revenue recognition and/or fixed assets a plus.
- Experience reporting a Federal Milk Order is helpful.
- 3+ years of general accounting experience, food manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge with GAAP accounting principles and regulations.
- Experience using ERP systems preferably Netsuite
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Flexible and able to prioritize deadlines.
- Self-directed, collaborative, organized and detail oriented with the able to focus in a fast-paced environment.
Alpenrose provides amazing benefits and competitive wages to all employees. We are not offering relocation.
If this sounds like a great skills fit for you, please apply!