Regional Sales Representative
Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose, a beloved Portland brand with a century of quality behind its dairy products, is experiencing rapid growth with our return to home delivery. More than the classic Milkman service of days passed, we offer a growing catalog of local staples, meal solutions and premiere Northwest brands for families throughout the Portland and Vancouver area. Along with excellent technology, a dedication to personal service and a broad advertising campaign, we are building a dynamic sales team to further accelerate our growth.
Regional Sales Representatives grow our customer base through sales to consumers by networking, partnering with various groups and organizations, and participating in community events. They share our story, educate, assist buyers through the sign-up process and create on-brand experiences, ensuring every customer is welcomed into the Alpenrose family.
Sales Representatives receive a generous, 3-part compensation program with base pay, commission, volume incentive structure and unlimited earning potential. Additional perks include:
- Company vehicle
- Laptop, tablet, mobile phone stipend
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k benefits
- Employee pricing on Alpenrose groceries
- Free product samples, sales supplies, apparel, and swag
Successful Representatives …
- Are highly motivated, tenacious, resilient, self-starters driven to succeed
- Quickly engage, identify and qualify prospective buyers
- Possess excellent interviewing and listening skills
- Inspire curiosity, spark relationships and help customers visualize receiving home delivery
- Navigate through objections and guide customers in the simple sign up process
- Adapt, incorporating new marketing promotions, product updates and on-going improvements to their sales approach
- Use sales software, apps, and mobile technology to track sales activity efficiently, manage a pipeline, document leads and organize prospecting efforts
This is a full-time, outside sales position. The 5-day work week schedule includes evening and weekend community events. Schedule varies week to week. Our team often swaps Monday and Tuesday as their “weekend” days to work the best events on Saturday and Sunday.
- Identify and engage potential customers, recommend service, and assist them in signing up for delivery.
- Identify groups and organizations aligned with target demographic. Manage on-going relationships, engage key stakeholders and members, and develop strategies to convert customers.
- Educate customers in our delivery service, dairy and locally sourced food, and our family-owned company.
- Generate brand awareness and positive impressions to increase sales.
- Represent company at assigned activities and community events. Set up, break down table, tent and display materials.
- Meet quota performance goals.
- Record leads, activity and maintain complete and accurate data in sales software.
- Maintain clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of the company and our products.
- Serve as trainer and mentor to part-time event specialists
- Maintain vehicle and equipment in event-ready condition. Drive safely and courteously. Maintain a clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and business ethics.
- Experience in consumer sales, consultative sales, direct sales, event marketing, or brand promotion.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College graduates and veterans encouraged to apply.
- Contact management software experience preferred. General Microsoft Office skills.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Frequently lift 25 pounds. Occasionally lift 50 pounds. Seldom lift up to 100 pounds (pop-up tent and cooler full of ice and samples).
- Stand for long periods of time while working at a sales event/booth
- Ability to drive company vehicle
- Ability to perform tasks and responsibilities in all types of weather conditions
If this sounds like you, join our sales team and work in an exciting, evolving, and competitive grocery home delivery industry selling for a proven, family-owned business 104 years in the making. Alpenrose is backed by exceptional customer satisfaction, brand awareness and strong word-of-mouth referrals.