Production Operator & CIP Technician
Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy is our brand in Portland, OR and Smith Brothers is our brand in Kent, WA. This posting is for our Alpenrose brand in Portland!
Alpenrose Dairy is a 100 year old iconic Portland brand looking for a career-minded individual searching for growth, a family-oriented environment, and a competitive wage with excellent benefits.
This position will be working in our Dairy Plant and will be primarily responsible for cleaning-in-place (CIP) for the Mix Department. The mix department produces food such as dressing for cottage cheese, sour creams, and ice cream mixes! Experience in food and beverage manufacturing is not required but preferred, especially if that experience involves CIP, pasteurization, or a State Diary Operator License.
If any of the above resonates with you, we would like you to join us as we propel the brand into the next 100 years!
This position requires that the individual join the Teamsters 305 union.
Schedule: 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m, Monday - Friday
- Operate HTST (obtain a State License - Training provided by licensed professionals).
- Assist coworkers batching and gathering ingredients.
- Sanitation of all equipment, floors, and walls.
- Operate a forklift as needed to gather ingredients.
- Organize and secure all equipment and ingredients when not in use.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with all coworkers, manager, customers, and business partners.
- Clock in correctly using the timeclock system daily.
- Practice and support all Standard Operating Procedures, Safe Chemical Handling procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety is an essential function of every position. Wear appropriate safety gear always. Be aware of your surroundings. Report all near misses, on the job injuries and safety concerns.
- Perform all other duties when requested or as assigned.
Qualifications to be Successful:
- Ability to read, write and speak English; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Previous experience in a dairy
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with management & colleagues
- Must be able to use a forklift and/or pallet jack
- Lift 50-pound bags continuously over an 8-hour shift.
- After training is complete, a state license is required.
Alpenrose Dairy offers competitive pay and excellent benefits to all of its employees!