Product (Category) Manager
Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for a Product Manager. This position is instrumental in launching our Home Delivery program that we will be kicking off in July. Join us as we propel the brand into the next 100 years.
The Product Manager (PM) is a vital member of the Home Delivery department and oversees product sourcing and management of all grocery products distributed but not manufactured by the company. Together with the senior management team, the Product Manager will refine the overall product strategy and optimize the +/- 300 SKU catalog. The PM’s primary goal is to maximize revenue and gross margin for the total purchased product catalog, with a focus on dollar margin contribution per order. The PM will also contribute to department goals including customer and revenue growth, inventory turns per SKU, improving customer retention and minimize out-of-stocks.
Some of the fun areas of daily responsibility are:
- Be the in-house grocery and category expert. This includes analyzing consumer and grocery category trends, identify new products and brands that fit our product strategy, develop a deep understanding of our target market, and uncover opportunities through analysis of our product and customer purchase patterns.
- Develop and manage an annual category roadmap, including core items and categories, monthly and/or seasonal offerings and product promotions.
- The Product Manager will be the primary contact for local vendors and manage the new product launch process, including purchasing, inventory management and communication flow with the corporate (Smith Brothers Farms) marketing team. Share the workload with corporate colleagues for the launch and promotion of all products, including tactical work such as developing product descriptions, assigning product relationships and categorization, and ensuring collection and creation of product information (photography, ingredient profiles, nutrition facts, supplier profiles, etc).
- Lead the analysis and decision process for adding and removing products. Track and report catalog sales, margin, customer order frequency, warehouse turns and other KPI’s.
- Manage the customer communication platform for communicating product shortages and discontinued items.
- Work closely with the visual designer and content specialist to develop internal and customer-facing materials to support the sales plan.
- Collaborate with the warehouse and delivery team to ensure product plans align with physical space and handling constraints.
Qualifications needed to be successful:
- College degree (B.A.) in Business, Marketing, Logistics or similar coures of study; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing and/or category management in the food and beverage industry, with a strong preference for grocery or retail experience;
- Strong communication and analytical skills; mastery of MS applications, with emphasis on the use of Excel for analysis and reporting
- Passionate about the food & beverage industry
Alpenrose provides amazing benefits and competitive wages to all employees.
If this sounds like a great skills fit for you, please apply.