Product/Catalog Marketing Manager
Smith Brothers Farms Kent WA | Kent, WA | Full Time
Smith Brothers Farms is a local company that has served the Milkman to the Puget Sound for 100 years and is continuing to grow and expand! We have a great employee-oriented atmosphere where you can feel like you are part of a team and are recognized for your contributions.
The Product/Catalog Marketing Manager is a vital member of the Home Delivery Marketing team, overseeing product selection, sourcing, and catalog management of all products distributed but not manufactured by the company.
As part of the marketing team, the primary responsibility of this role is refining the overall product strategy and optimize the +/- 300 SKU catalog. The primary goal is to maximize the customer experience which directly impacts revenue and gross margin. This position plays a collaborative cross functional role with operations, purchasing, customer relations and sales teams.
The position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager and contributes to our overall marketing department goals.
Some of the fun areas of daily responsibility are:
- Develop and manage an annual category roadmap, including core items and categories, monthly and/or seasonal offerings and product promotions. This includes including tactical work such as developing product descriptions, assigning product relationships and categorization in our online catalogue.
- Be the inhouse grocery category expert as well as the primary contact for our vendors & product life cycle. Develop a deep understanding of our target market, uncovering possibilities and opportunities through analysis of our product and customer purchase patterns.
- Lead the analysis and design process for adding and removing products. Track and report catalog sales, margin, customer order frequency, warehouse turns and other KPI’s.
- Work closely with marketing colleagues to develop internal and customer facing materials to support the sales and marketing goals.
- Some of the tactical marketing pieces are product photography, ingredient profiles, nutrition facts, supplier profiles, etc.
- Collaborate with the operations team to ensure product plans align with physical space and handling constraints.
Qualifications needed to be successful:
- College degree (B.A.) in Business, Marketing or similar courses of study
- 5+ years of experience in grocery buying, product marketing and/or category management in the food and beverage industry, with a strong preference for retail grocery experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills; mastery of MS applications, with emphasis on the use of Excel for analysis and reporting
- Passionate about the food & beverage industry
Smith Brothers provides amazing benefits and competitive wages to all employees.
If this sounds like a great skills fit for you, please apply!